2016 canyon strive- who has one?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 62 total)
  • 2016 canyon strive- who has one?
  • gabbo

Who has a 2016 canyon strive and have you had any issues with it or the shapeshifter? I am looking at this as my next bike. I spoke to canyon the other day and assured me the previous shapeshifter had been changed and the issues sorted.

mikekay

hope its sorted mines due at the end of the month !

Premier Icon ceepers
    Subscriber

Mate has a 2015, had it over six months, loves it and no issues as far as I know. It’s a good looking bike and very capable even in the xc mode, I think he rides it locally in that most of the time!

gabbo

Which model of strive mike? When did you order it? You will have to let us know how you get on with it.

mikekay

the 9race, wanted the fox suspension. ordered it over xmas

heff

Check out the thread over on pinkbike, countless delays, misinformation from Canyon and huge issues with the shapeshifters.

I had an order placed for one back in October. Delivery was due to be two weeks after the order was placed. The most recent delivery date I got from them was the middle of April! Needless to say the order has been cancelled.

mikekay

heff, the medium and small strive race in blue are in stock and the large was only a 2 week order time when i placed my order, all the problems from last year were related to the factory move and a new IT system. Ive spoken to them and they said deliveries are now being met although mine has been put back a week from what it originally said on the website.
    We will see if they have improved !

gabbo

Heff- was it the 2015 or 2016 strive you ordered in October?

gabbo

Interest read. I really hope they sort the issues they have.

richwak

I got a 9.0 race back in June and love it. I use the shapeshifter all the time with no issues so far. Did have a problem with the reverb and the rear wheel. Both were sorted quickly by the office in London although they do take a couple of days to repky to e mails.
    An amzing bike at a great price….i say get one.

Premier Icon tom.nash
    Subscriber

I know three folk who have the 2015 one and all have removed the Shapeshifter…

gabbo

Tom. Is it an easy removal or is it a bodge job. I love the bike but the shapeshifter issues are causing me to have second thoughts.

gabbo

Mikekay have you received your strive yet? Out of interest what size and frame colour did you order.

neallyman

Ordered mine second week of December.
    Despite what the website says, and at least 2 false projected despatch dates, Canyon don’t actually seem to know when it will be getting sent out. Latest correspondence is suggesting 28th Feb to 3rd March of something similar as a despatch date. Not ideal but Just have to put up with it….not like you can get it anywhere else lol!

gabbo

Which spec strive did you order and what colour frame neallyman?

mikekay

No not turned up yet, it looks like Canyon are still **** up and telling lies.

It’s a good job i’m not in a rush as it’s now delayed 4 weeks.

Large in blue

gabbo

I would get a medium in the team colours. It says from stock which I guess they have built ready to ship. Maybe!

neallyman

Large in team colours

neallyman

Gabbo, I’d be very surprised if it is actually in stock. The website said mines was at the point of order…

mikekay

ye mines says in stock for the last few weeks, its all sales bull shit but if you want one theres nothing you can do.

tpbiker

all the reasons stated above were the reason I opted for trance instead of a spectral. I have 2 canyons, and had no issues with either, but ultimately you can usually pick up something of equivelent price and spec in the sales if you are put off by the delays.

Once it finally comes I’m sure it’ll be worth the wait however..

gabbo

Mike. Has your strive arrived? If no have you complained and got any sort of compo like a voucher?

mikekay

Nope still not here, been on the phone 3 times, been on the chat thing 3 time, they just aren’t bothered. It’s a good job their bikes are cheap and good because their customer service is none existent.

The bike i’m waiting for has been on stock for 3weeks and on the express bikes list for 2 weeks yet mine is 4 weeks late. w****rs.

gabbo

Have you paid for the bike? I am now in the same boat as I ordered a medium cf8 race in blue the other week. Probably stupid but I’ll see how it goes.

ade9933

I ordered one in October Deliver dates came and went, promises flew by and also they basically admitted that they had no idea when the bike would arrive – despite mailing me and telling me it was about to be dispatched.

I was just about willing to forgive this because I had heard that they were good at replacing broken shape shifters but then I heard that this season people had gone 4 months waiting for replacements and were making quotes like “the worst seasons riding in my life”.

For me buying a bike is the start of your relationship with the company not the end and if I cannot count on them then I do not need this stress in my life. My previous bike was an Orange 5 and those guys are completely awesome when it comes to customer service.

Personally, I cancelled my order in December and bought one of these. It’s a steal at the price, rides like an absolute weapon and I know there is a good network of support and advice when I need it.

Good luck!

gabbo

Had you paid for the bike ade?

mikekay

No not paid yet

ade9933

No mate. Luckily not. They say that you only pay when they dispatch the bike but I have since heard of people who cancelled and subsequently had their card debited and the bike arrive ages afterwards.

I also asked them to confirm in writing that the cancellation was confirmed, just in case.

I think I got let off lightly with some mild frustration.

mark_rich

I bought a cf8 in sept 15, shapeshifter is on it’s way out, 2016 replacement on order, they’ve credited my canyon account with £75 to apologise for delay.
    Had reverb replaced by uk service centre with a brand new one, prompt with no hassle.
    Rear bearings in roam 40’s had to be replaced but again a SRAM part so no fault of canyon, paid LBS to do em as thought it maybe a wear and tear argument and needed em done ASAP.
    Worst case scenario I can see is that shapeshifter dies completely and u have to lock it into dh mode until it get replaced, which leaves u with a 160 travel bike with similar climbing abilities as any other.
    I got mine delivered to germany when euro was good for£2600 delivered!
    I’ve seen instructions on pinkbike from canyon on how to bleed the shapeshifter to lock it into dh mode so can’t see why people have had bikes stood for months awaiting replacements.
    I wouldn’t recommend buying one unless you can do some maintainance yourself otherwise your relying on lbs to fix it.
    I love mine, great bike for the money but be prepared to do some spannering if needed, same with all direct sales bikes I guess.

neallyman

For those currently waiting on a strive, just noticed my card was debited 2 days ago so I’d imagine the bike is now on it’s way. Exciting.

gabbo

Keep us updated mate.

Premier Icon pb2
    Subscriber

If there is an award for “we don’t give a flying **** about customers” Canyon would win every time around ! I feel sorry for the UK Canyon staff who seem like a decent bunch but the top brass in Germany have the worst attitude towards customer service I experienced in over 25 years of buying all sorts of stuff from all over the planet.

They are soooo bad its difficult to put in to mere words their arrogance and the contempt they have for their customers.

I truly hope they go bust because companies with that attitude do not deserve to survive.

Premier Icon pb2
    Subscriber

In the interests of balanced discussions, it would appear that Canyons after care service is ok, see the other Canyon thread. Where Canyon are uber bad is everything to do with buying a bike and delivering it on time which every other bike manufacturer seems to do in varying degrees of “better” From a business perspective Canyon completely baffle me, from a pre customer perspective they make my/your blood boil.

To those people with more patience than me, best of luck I hope it all comes good.

gabbo

An update from myself. I ordered my strive cf 8.0 medium race on the 08 Feb 16. From then until now I have had some issues, mainly with the payment as due to the exchange rate they got less than expected and asked for another 156 euros. This was sorted as it was their error and i didn’t need to pay. The order was then back on schedule. I utilised the chat service on the German site a lot and used Facebook messenger for canyon UK. Both worked and any other queries answered. I was told on Monday by the UK to ask again for a tracking number today if I didn’t receive one. I thought this may be just keeping me happy but this morning I received an email with notification and a tracking number. So its taken 2 weeks and 3 days. Not sure why mine has been so quick but I’m happy. Maybe me always using chat with different representatives got them to check different things.

mikekay

Just got my Tracking Number so should be with me next week, at last !

gabbo are you in the UK, if so how come you paid in euros ?

I’ve been waiting for a new shapeshifter since January on my 2015 strive. apparently they are getting a delivery of them in the next 10 days.

Bikeyoke are also doing a link for 50 euros so you can remove the shapeshifter totally.

oldbloke

In the interests of balanced discussions, it would appear that Canyons after care service is ok, see the other Canyon thread

In the interest of balance, I ordered parts for my 2011 Strive in September 2015. Eventually complained to CEO and even though that got things moving, only slowly and I finally got the last bits last week.

That’s a pity because I had issues with the Reverb shortly after I bought it and that was sorted really well, so I can only assume that they’re far from fixing their issues. I wouldn’t buy one until they can show all their issues sorted.

mikekay

I think someone on Pinkbike said that Canyon UK now have the shapeshifter in stock, might be worth a chase up if you haven’t got it yet.

crazy the amount of horror stories on the Pinkbike thread and how low long some have been waiting for a new SS 😯

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 62 total)

The topic ‘2016 canyon strive- who has one?’ is closed to new replies.