Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • 2015 Mince Pie Tear-Down…
  • hammyuk
    Free Member

Which Asda ones though OP?
    Their smart price, normal, chosen by you or the luxury?
    Very, very different animals…

ctk
    Free Member

I’m off to Asda shortly so will have to do with what ever they’ve got… hot with cream and booze of course.

rOcKeTdOg

just tried some organic, gluten free ones from wholefoods

meh 😐

mefty
    Free Member

organic, gluten free

You expected any other result?

Klunk
    Free Member

2/3rds of what i made today

also made 24 jam tarts 🙂

Simon-E

Nothing will match homemade. It can’t. Supermarket ones are usually made in January then frozen.

Mr Kipling shite should not be called ‘food’, it’s synthetic gloop of uncertain origin in a mud+flour casing. Do yourself a favour – don’t even try one.

mrsfry
    Free Member

Why would people eat something which contains unidentifiable contents!
    Why hasn’t the EU band it 🙁

Drac

There’s an iceland special sat in front of me for Santa, Santa doesn’t want it as after all the drinking he’s done in the last 9 hours his stomach won’t handle pastry this late. Santa might have to take an extra Omeprazole at this rate.

Basil

Were the tests conducted hot or cold?

andyl
    Free Member

No impressed by the waitrose standard ones.

Got some made by the local bakery from the village shop which look very good but saving them for today. Hope they do not disappoint.

MoreCashThanDash

Aldi Specially Selected best so far.

Whatever my mate handed round mid ride the other night were pretty special, if only for the fact that he couldn’t eat and continue to rip my legs off at the same time!

bobbyspangles

Some good looking pies there chaps.
    here is the easiest recipe for mince pies i/ve found:
    bbc good food link

I really try and avoid shop bought pies, for me its part of the season to cook ones own

thecaptain
    Free Member

That BBC recipe is the one i use – it is a bit tedious pushing te pastry into the tray compared to rolling and cutting shapes but really does make fabulous crumbly crust (too much kneading is what makes for tough pastry). Splash of rum or brandy in the mincemeat helps too.

leegee

I like the Waitrose standard ones. M&S have some with thick icing on very good if you like sugary stuff.

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘2015 Mince Pie Tear-Down…’ is closed to new replies.