• This topic has 7,395 replies, 232 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by WillH.
Viewing 40 posts - 2,521 through 2,560 (of 7,396 total)
  • 2015-16 rugby, world cup year
  • wrecker
    Free Member

Or looking at it from the Welsh perspective, England lost to a Welsh team who had the worst scrum of the 21st century and without key players in key positions. A team that beat England with 3rd choice subs on the field playing out of position, at Twickenham, with a ref who arguably should have given England another two yellows.Lucky they weren’t playing against a decent Welsh team with a brave ref.

That just confirms my assertion that england have been in utter disarray. The same England which have beaten Wales’ best squad convincingly on successive occasions, home and away on the most recent meetings (pre-RWC). Wales are not good, england are currently very, very bad.

dbcooper
    Free Member

Australia are the best team in the tournament based on the games I’ve seen. Only NZ come close and they were very sloppy in the two games I’ve seen them play.

Yes but NZ like to cruise, they will up their game when they need to.

SA haven’t impressed at all with a loss to Japan and a win over Scotland wh offered little.

Like NZ they have not been tested properly yet (well apart from Japan but…)

dragon
    Free Member

Wales are not good,

Ranked number 3 in the world? It may flatter a little especially with injuries, but to say they aren’t good is ridiculous.

ads678

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/international/72770355/samoan-alesana-tuilagi-suspended-for-five-weeks-after-kneeing-japans-harumichi-tatekawa-at-the-world-cup

Alex Tuilagi suspended for 5 weeks for being tackled whilst running!!

Ok he does lift his knee a bit but surely thats just pumping his legs, tackler is unlucky IMO??

wrecker
    Free Member

Ranked number 3 in the world? It may flatter a little especially with injuries

A little?????

jambalaya
    Free Member

Yup, that’s why the England loss to Wales was so bad. We lost to a poor team when playing at home in a World Cup and having been 10 points up with 10 (or thereabouts 😉 ) to play. That’s why we are in favour of a change in the coaching staff. Wales wouldn’t be changing their coach had they lost to England and they won’t be if/when they get trounced by Australia and then RSA in the QF. They aren’t expected to win either of those and very few really thought they’d beat England

anagallis_arvensis

Wales are not good, england are currently very, very bad.

So how good are australia? They ver nearly let england back in until Farrel had a brain dart. Game on for saturday I say. I live in hope rather than expectation but we have a chance.

anagallis_arvensis

So this poor team Wales have. Has done what 4th place at last world cup a grand slam and a 6 nations championship whilst the much better england team has?

wrecker
    Free Member

What has it got to do with england? Nobody was comparing, so stop taking it so personally and spoiling for a fight. This has largely been a great thread so far, please don’t ruin it now.

Kryton57

I think Aus vs a full Welsh team would be too close to call. I think Aus will win on Saturday, but I will be cheering for Wales and sincerely hope they win.

Re England – there’s been an air of discontent ever since the experimentation failed to find a centre pairing, and since SL found Watson and JJ. We appearred to suddendly have teeth in the backs and a more able 15 looked to be on the cards. However, Burgess appointment, Burrells exclusion and blind faith in Barrit ruined that, Would Woodward have allowed that happen? Add to that the current social media leaks and the perspectivr of a lacklustre disparate coaching teamis relaised. SL always looks stony faced in matches – becuase of the pressure or becuase he is forced to sit next to his bully and cross his fingers that the results go the right way?

My view – SL will tender his resignation if Farrell Snr isn’t let go.

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Another Tuilagi Link

Seems a crazy decision. I know we need to reduce head injuries, but I’m not sure the player could of done anything differently? Defiantly didn’t look like a deliberate knee to the head.

scotroutes

For the avoidance of doubt …

jambalaya
    Free Member

@aa we are speaking about the Welsh team as of right now, at this tournament. As you know I think they where the best team at RWC 2011 and should have won it.

@Krton agreed plus Farrell being replaced by Ford is what energised us prior to the tournament then we changed it.

RFU confirmed Catt and Cipriani had robust words on the training field after Cirpiani learnt he wasn’t going to make the squad. Reportedly settled with a handshake.

Kryton57

*winces*

I do believe thats Englands lowest ever world ranking.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@scotroute – as the Kiwis say the only ranking that matters is who is world champion

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

At least with third in the group, England will automatically qualify for RWC2019. Time to start building the squad now!! 🙂

Kryton57

DD you are Stuart Lancasters spin doctor and I claim my £5

anagallis_arvensis

aa we are speaking about the Welsh team as of right now, at this tournament.

Oh right so we are talking about the team that beat England last week?

dbcooper
    Free Member

Come on AA, I think all the England supporters have said the England are a bit crap, and everybody has said they are crapper than us, what do you want to prove here?
    I said earlier of Aus

beating England doesn’t make you awesome

and I think the same applies to us, all you seem to care about is measuring Wales against England and proving that Wales are better. It matters less to me now, we have beaten England enough times in living memory that I prefer to enjoy the contest and the banter. The rest of the country have grown up now, its time you did too, hate is not a nice thing to see. It’s also not very Rugby is it.

Pigface
    Free Member

Apparently Catt and Cipriani had a dust up on the training field. Well that is what 5Live just reported

anagallis_arvensis

d everybody has said they are crapper than us,

Well thats obvious, they lost to us at home. But the wailing that they lost to a poor Wales team seems a bit odd when its a Wales team that has won much more than England in the last few years. Its as if the loss to Wales was a massive shock equivalent to Wales beating the All blacks. It wasnt Wales have beaten England plenty of times in recent years and have a core of players who have been playing and winning much morevthan England for a long time.
    For example

at’s why the England loss to Wales was so bad. We lost to a poor team

Well Wales may be a poor team but what makes the poster think England should beat them?

And what I am trying to understand is why Aus who played a demoralised England who played no better than they did v wales and played such a tic tackitally naive game its almost beyond comprehension are suddenly a great team. Aus very nearly let England back in especially when Phipps came on and started doing a good impersonation of Bergamasco at 9 untill Farrel had his brain fart and saved the day for Aus.

anagallis_arvensis

I see you edited whilst I was posting. I dont really give a **** what you think about me to be frank.

Care to point out my hate?

inigomontoya
    Free Member

Tbf to AA he’s responding to Jambalaya’s comments which were very sour grapes routine win my arse

dbcooper
    Free Member

Well I have said exactly this, I don’t think Aus are so great. To be honest I just don’t enjoy your belligerence, you embarrass me as a fellow countryman. There is pretty good chat on here, do you think you could just be a bit more considerate?

scotroutes

+1 but he should know better than respond to an obvious troll

anagallis_arvensis

Care to point out my hate. You accuse me of spouting hate but no doubt expect me to be polite to you. Where have I displayed hate? Any example will do. I suggest its you who need to grow up.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Children, stop it or you’re going straight to bed. Without any pudding. Got it?

dbcooper
    Free Member

Well with regard to Jambalaya etc, I just ignore them, I don’t object to Englishmen making Arses out of themselves, my husband is one and he does it all the time.
    Anyway I think I have spent too much time amongst the English. I watched the Wales England game as the only Welsh person in a little country rugby club in Devon, and after the game all the english bought me drinks and congratulated me. All they could talk of was how brilliant the Wales comeback was. I find it hard to hate people who have such good manners.

igm

Doing a compare and contrast of Jambalaya’s posts of here and on the Nasty Party thread is quite amusing.

I think given your logic on here, DC and Osbourne should be booted out. They’ve had 5.5 years the economy hasn’t really recovered and if fact growth is falling again.

So what if there aren’t any obvious replacements, get shot now.

Of course cross thread trolling should probably be banned, so I won’t do any.

Edit: to dbcooper, what you mean to say is you watched the game with real rugby folk, rather than RWC fans who’ll be back watching the other sport shortly. A Scot living in Yorkshire, I used to turn up at the club in a kilt on the Calcutta cup days. Much ribbing in both directions, all good humoured.

inigomontoya
    Free Member

That was becoming uncomfortable to watch, poor eagle’s, ruthless bokkes, Habana is great to watch
    /changes the subject

Kryton57

All they could talk of was how brilliant the Wales comeback was. I find it hard to hate people who have such good manners

Being the only Welsh girl in a pub is an invite to be bought many drinks regardless of the rugby result. I’ve been to Port Talbot and experience the reputation 1st hand.

Yes, I’m trolling 😉

Without any pudding

…is getting old now Flashy.

Kryton57

Yep, SA just put the US to the sword big time.

anagallis_arvensis

There you go again talking about hate. I dont know what you are doing on this thread but I’m talking about some games of rugby. Not sure how hate is involved? Wrecker Kryton Jambo all have opinions sometimes they differ it hardly makes me hate them. It means I disagree. So could you stop talking such shit about me unless you have some examples of my hate?

thegreatape
    Free Member

…is getting old now Flashy.

I think it’s entering STW folklore. Might be better to embrace it, maybe?

Kryton57

Fair enough, I’ve ordered my costume for the STW Christmas ride:

wrecker
    Free Member

aaaaaand breathe!!!!

tinybits
    Free Member

Calm down aa, it’s an Internet thread, about rugby, on an obscure cycling forum.
    It’s a bit unessary!

thegreatape
    Free Member

That’s more like it Kryton 🙂

namastebuzz
    Free Member

dbcooper – Member

Well I have said exactly this, I don’t think Aus are so great.

Well they won the RC (beating the other 3) and thrashed England with some sparkling back play, dominant loose forwards and a crushing scrum. They know their best team and how they’re gonna play plus they have a great coach.

Can’t see too many downsides……..

Wales are a good side too, well coached and also beat England. They have a terrible injury situation and possibly lack enough depth to cover it – although the guys who’ve come in have been terrific.

Australia have, however, won the last TEN meetings (since 2009) so Wales will have their work cut out.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

*Applause for Kryton! *

(FWIW, I think it’s entered the hallowed pantheon of STW tropes along with weeing in shoes, pwning with Bombers and itinerant stationery salesmen!)

Viewing 40 posts - 2,521 through 2,560 (of 7,396 total)

The topic ‘2015-16 rugby, world cup year’ is closed to new replies.