• This topic has 7,395 replies, 232 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by WillH.
Viewing 40 posts - 1,201 through 1,240 (of 7,396 total)
  • 2015-16 rugby, world cup year
  • jambalaya
    Free Member

What does this tell us about the coaching and on field leadership?

Don’t set yourself up @aa you’ll just feel even worse when you don’t make it out if the group 8)

duckman

Nmbuzz…Trying to blot out Joel Tomkins there eh?

6 caps…SIX caps…

So today,various HD recorders set, Tonga game should be red of tooth and claw,France Italy should give us an idea of ” which French team will turn up” SA/Irish will be turkey shoots.

Kryton57

Danw I agree with the strategic call, but I think they would have scored more by mauling from those penalties. That’s where the leadership counts – as soon as we destroyed them the first time, we should have been doing it again and again – the ref had already awarded a penalty try so the poor Fijian maul and cynical destruction of it was firmly established as a precedent.

An hour of that and Fiji would be 50 down easily in my view – and I thinks points difference might matter in this pool.

DanW
    Free Member

That’s a good point on the mauls. You wouldn’t catch Ireland wasting an opportunity to maul a team to death. The was a general lack of direction from England- almost like playing in red turned them in to Wales in the November internationals involving Fiji

namastebuzz
    Free Member

Trying to blot out Joel Tomkins there eh?

No. He didn’t play in any RWCs. 3 caps plus 2 for the Saxons in 2013.

England have this bizarre notion that RL players can be parachuted straight into the England Union Team in order to play centre.

Along with the aforementioned Farrell, Hape and Tomkins we’ve also had Henry Paul and (shudder) Barrie Jon Mather. They’ve all been embarrassing failures.

SB is better than the lot of them but that doesn’t mean he should be there. Surely in all of England there’s an inside centre better than a pedestrian Saffa and a RL forward who’s still learning where to stand?

Scamper
    Free Member

Anyhow, the World Cup has just started properly at Kingsholm 8)

duckman

Those Georgians are monsters! 😯

jambalaya
    Free Member

Georgia 🙂

@Idle don’t leakers early, it’s a long tournament. I did say to my wife (first RWC since we’ve been together) that there are many games and I but I will be watching only some, I was even prepared to miss France v Italy tonight to have a drink with her friends – what sacrifice eh 😉

thegreatape
    Free Member

Tom Youngs is too fast to be an England centre.

wrecker
    Free Member

Thoroughly enjoying this game.
    No biff yet though 😐

IdleJon

@Idle don’t leakers early, it’s a long tournament. I did say to my wife (first RWC since we’ve been together) that there are many games and I but I will be watching only some, I was even prepared to miss France v Italy tonight to have a drink with her friends – what sacrifice eh

Ha, she’s been with me long enough to know the priority is:
    Bike
    Rugby
    Wine
    Beer
    Wife
    😆

(Hopefully she’s not reading this! 😳 )

BruceWee

Good game that, more finesse than I thought there’d be. Georgia looking much better than the last time I saw them.

molgrips
    Free Member

Didn’t get out early today, so I’ve got to miss one of these at least if I want to get a bike ride in on this fantastic day.

anagallis_arvensis

on’t set yourself up @aa you’ll just feel even worse when you don’t make it out if the group

I’m resigned to that already. I just think its amazing that a pro player who has been eating drinkingvand living rugby for the past year doesnt know that

Scamper
    Free Member

The official website is saying only 14k at a ‘sold out’ Kingsholm today, which is well short of capacity – evidently not over packing the terraces or something.

molgrips
    Free Member

Went for a ride, came back to see Japan draw level with RSA 😯

That’s the last time I listen to STW about the likely game quality 🙂

wrecker
    Free Member

COME ON JAPAN!!!!!!

cheers_drive

😀

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

HONTO NE!!!!!!

GO Japan

Tom-B
    Free Member

How good has this been!

Tom-B
    Free Member

Wow, thought theyd have taken 3 point for a draw!

Tom-B
    Free Member

😀

beinbhan

superb

cheers_drive

Much prefered watching that game over the England one

Klunk
    Free Member

WTF

Pigface
    Free Member

Oh my God

Kryton57

Wow!

nbt

Sayonara, baby!!!

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Whoa!

theocb
    Free Member

Well I think the World Cup just began. 8) Epic game.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Yes, yes, yes!

Brilliant result for the whole tournament and the whole game!

Spin
    Free Member

Amazing stuff.

whatnobeer
    Free Member

What a game 😀

centralscrutinizer
    Free Member

I’m glad I watched that, I was going to give it a miss expecting a routine win for SA. Totally gripping stuff.

anagallis_arvensis

Just got back from a ride. Brilliant stuff i love japan xx

dantsw13

What that has done is pushed SA towards England’s potential QF draw, if they finally get their s@@t together.

That group is WIDE open.

dantsw13

I’m just back from Japan, and heading back there next Thursday. I feel some of my Japanese whiskey coming out tonight.

whatnobeer
    Free Member

That group is WIDE open.

Yeah, now more than a touch worried about how Scotland will get on.

It was so refreshing to watch a team that can pass the ball about, not get ‘white line fever’ and actually convert under pressure. If that was Scotland I would of been wishing for them to take the 3 points at the end. Going for a win would almost certainly ended in tears.

BruceWee

Well, it might be unsporting, but I’m so happy Japan only have four days to recover before they play us.

DanW
    Free Member

Putting 30 odd points on SA is an achievement in itself… but to win in that manner with no fear of playing running rugby even in added time… amazing!

Viewing 40 posts - 1,201 through 1,240 (of 7,396 total)

The topic ‘2015-16 rugby, world cup year’ is closed to new replies.