• This topic has 7,395 replies, 232 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by WillH.
Viewing 40 posts - 6,361 through 6,400 (of 7,396 total)
  • 2015-16 rugby, world cup year
  • Pigface
    Free Member

I am struggling to get my head around the concept of Marler being posh 😆

surfer
    Free Member

27-20 against Tigers, a very welcome double indeed.

If we played only half as well away from home we would be top 5. That defending in the last few minutes on our 5m line was brutal and pretty heroic.

DanW
    Free Member

Everything is relative Pigface 🙂

dantsw13

As I said about 50 pages ago – do we REALLY think Marlers comments were the worst uttered in this years 6N? How about in a different language too?

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Surfer, i was behind the sticks so about 10m from the action. You could almost feel the collisions going in. Stringer once again showed his class, pointing out what Tiggers were doing and moving round to watch it.
    On the point of insults, Cockers calling his no.17 a ‘f******g spastic’ at the death – is that considered acceptable now?

jambalaya
    Free Member

So can anyone explain how Sam Warburton an oustanding international 7 can play 60 mins for the Blues and do nothing what so ever of note?

He’s knackered

Ian Bothams grandson scored a try for wales u18’s last night…a flanker too

That makes me feel old and grateful I’m not yet in the same situation (grandson) !

do we REALLY think Marlers comments were the worst uttered in this years 6N

Supposedly part of his argument will be Lee called him a Posh English C … his response of “get back in your caravan” would have raised a smile from many I suspect

@Pigface, common insult to call any English person Posh especially if they are from the South, this includes Northerners calling us Southerners posh

jambalaya
    Free Member

I know we’ve been going round in circles but Marker and Lee where trading insults, the objective was to wind each other up. Gpysy is not a racial term as travellers can be Irish or Romanian/Romany. I’d imagine Lee is as embarrased as anyone about this, ot was dealt with man to man on the field. I’d love to hear some on field audio of an AB/Wallabies match, that won’t be for the feignt hearted.

anagallis_arvensis

do we REALLY think Marlers comments were the worst uttered in this years 6N

Maybe maybe not but seeing as how only Marlers been recorded it is irrelevant.

So can anyone explain how Sam Warburton an oustanding international 7 can play 60 mins for the Blues and do nothing what so ever of note?

He’s knackered

It was his fourth game for Blues this season. I dont buy that.

we’ve been going round in circles but Marker and Lee where trading insults, the objective was to wind each other up.

Do you have any evidence that Lee said anything before Marler started? Or is this just another “Jambafact”?

surfer
    Free Member

Surfer, i was behind the sticks so about 10m from the action.

I think we stand next to each other every home game MD 🙂 I’ll wear a red carnation.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Haha, i am the little bloke right at the front behind the right hand post (MsD gets very annoyed if we don’t get that spot)

DanW
    Free Member

Warburton is either injured or fighting for form on returning from injury. I’m sure he’d love to be in a position of playing too much rugby! Let’s not forget he had a bit of a bump to the head too.

anagallis_arvensis

True but a player of his class should be showing it even if only in flashes. Gethin is no where near what he once was and does tend to phone it in for the blues but he shows his class in loads of little things.

DanW
    Free Member

True, I can’t remember the last time I watched Warburton in a club game and notice anything special. On the flip side you have players like Cuthburt who look positively World Class in the Pro 12 at times 🙂

jambalaya
    Free Member

@aa if you want to bring the jambafact thing here knock yourself out.

Warburton is tired, rwc prep over the summer, the tournament itself and straight into 6N with the injury and rehab stuff too. He needs a proper rest.

The Posh English C has been well reported and its been suggested it will be part of his defense. He apologised man to man and as I understand it the apology was accepted.

anagallis_arvensis

The Posh English C has been well reported

Indeed it has, but by whom and is there a shred of evidence it was said. O’Shea has raised it, although its hard to tell if thats what was said.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@aa who knows if there is any corroborating testimony / evidence, I imagine that may come our at any subsequent hearing

Tom-B
    Free Member

Is ‘gypsy boy’worse than the time a certain frequent poster on this thread refered to a player as a ‘cheating micker’?

duckman

“The posh English c has been well reported” Has it? I only heard about it in the O’Shea interview.

namastebuzz
    Free Member

Ben Te’o supposedly gonna be fastracked into the England setup?

Haven’t really seen much of him at Leinster although I was pretty impressed with him at the Rabbitohs – thought he had a lot more transferable skills than S- B– ever did.

DanW
    Free Member

a_a’s favourite player!

Pigface
    Free Member

Sale have gone and bought a run and wriggler, wonder if they will stick him in the scrum 😆

Bit of gossip about Bath, Mike Ford has his little gang of favourite players and the rest are virtually ignored. He is generally very unpopular with staff and they can’t wait for him to go. Bath forwards have zero motivation as Ford pretty much ignores them.

anagallis_arvensis

Te’o is useful but doubt he will be any great shakes at international level. He’s a complete cheapshotting **** too with his big arm gaurd. If you have an injured arm that needs padding like that you wouldnt lead with it into contact.

namastebuzz
    Free Member

Te’o is useful but doubt he will be any great shakes at international level

Hopefully EJ will take note of the total failure of the obsession the RFU have had with league converts playing centre and see some sense.

Barrie-Jon Mather, Henry Paul, Andy Farrell, Shontayne Hape, Joel Tomkins, S– B—— etc

namastebuzz
    Free Member

Bit of gossip about Bath, Mike Ford has his little gang of favourite players and the rest are virtually ignored. He is generally very unpopular with staff and they can’t wait for him to go. Bath forwards have zero motivation as Ford pretty much ignores them.

Well if you watch them play – that sounds about right.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Te’o is useful but doubt he will be any great shakes at international level. He’s a complete cheapshotting **** too with his big arm gaurd. If you have an injured arm that needs padding like that you wouldnt lead with it into contact.

Without personalising this to one player, I am with you on this one AA. This leading with the arm (padded or not) is a bad habit IMO. Even Tuilagi did it in slow mo to Jonathan Ross – although perhaps that was an exceptional circumstance. Capn Biter even made reference to it.

DaRC_L

Ben Te’o supposedly gonna be fastracked into the England setup?

I flippin’ hope not – it’ll be S B all over again & demotivates other players pushing for that position.

Jonathan Ross – although perhaps that was an exceptional circumstance.

Yes as a chat show host he can smarmy 😆

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Connaught’s AJ McGinty signs for Sale. Steve Diamond calls him ‘the best fly half in the Pro12’ .

duckman

Ben Te’o looks like he almost wears a cast. I assume all protective coverings no longer need to be kitemarked/checked by the ref anymore. Actually scratch that,have you seen the strapping that is a la mode these days for anybody getting lifted? Game is turning into ‘Merican football with more concussions.

namastebuzz
    Free Member

Ben Te’o looks like he almost wears a cast. I assume all protective coverings no longer need to be kitemarked/checked by the ref anymore

They should get rid of all pads/armour and only allow head protectors/scrum caps for those who are actually getting their ears squashed between two backsides.

anagallis_arvensis

So what is Lee’s nickname in the Wales squad anyone and is it relevant to the case anywya?

“I think the whole thing is a load of nonsense and completely boring,” Haskell told the Daily Mail.

“I don’t understand why everyone is still banging on about it.

“I think it is absolute rubbish the whole thing. I think it has been dealt with five times and don’t understand why everyone has to put their two penny in.

“For me, it’s just another trial by social media.

“I think Joe is a real good guy. I think if people heard the banter flying around in that Wales game or any other….

“He’s apologised, everyone else has. I never condone racism anywhere.

“But go and ask what Samson Lee’s nickname in the squad is.

“Ask that and come back.”

dantsw13

Well, if it’s “gypsy boy” I’d say it’s highly relevant!!

anagallis_arvensis

I suppose it could be argued that friends can call you things a stanger/competitor couldnt?

dantsw13

Really? So it would be ok for welsh non-gypsys to use racist terms but not English non-gypsys??

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Heck – we don’t need Gatts to have to apologise again do we?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I heard two black guys on site…I guess they were friends…calling one another “****”. I was quite surprised the next morning when one of them threatened to throw me off the scaffolding after saying “Good morning ****.” Thankfully the site manager accepted that it was just a bit of #topbantz but I’ve been asked to attend some diversity training.

anagallis_arvensis

Really? So it would be ok for welsh non-gypsys to use racist terms but not English non-gypsys??

No the difference is its OK for mates to call you all sorts of things but not peeple you dont like

jambalaya
    Free Member

@aa straws clutching at

If his nickname is gypsy boy or similar then its high relevant

anagallis_arvensis

How is it relevant and how am I clutching at straws, what is it you think I want?

wrecker
    Free Member

I heard two black guys on site…I guess they were friends…calling one another “****”. I was quite surprised the next morning when one of them threatened to throw me off the scaffolding after saying “Good morning ****.” Thankfully the site manager accepted that it was just a bit of #topbantz but I’ve been asked to attend some diversity training.

What if it was 22 white guys calling the sole black guy “****”?
    Not that it’s comparable with abuse which isn’t racist.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

There’s always a “what if” for some folk.

Viewing 40 posts - 6,361 through 6,400 (of 7,396 total)

The topic ‘2015-16 rugby, world cup year’ is closed to new replies.