Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • 2014 Share tips
  • monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Got any?I,m struggling to think of any decent buys.So far my only ideas are Vodafone,BT Group and Home retail group.Thanks for any suggestions.

project
    Free Member

Debenhams

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Yeh right.

kevj
    Free Member

Wind power. Try Technip or Mitsubishi.

S_J
    Free Member

Plus 500. Made 50% on these since I invested a couple of months back. Get in before results are published at the end of the month as if rumours are correct, they are going to be good. Also tipped by the telegraph. As always dyor though!

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Perhaps if I wait long enough Debenhams will be penny shares!

jimmy

Gulf Keystone Petroleum ?

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Never heard of that one jimmy.Is it listed on the LSE?

Rich_s

Buy low, sell high.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Markets go done along with up and never share a good tip.

grantway
    Free Member

There are threats the interest rates are to go up so
    wouldn’t chuck your money away just yet.

hughjardon
    Free Member

Got a fair few BT shares, the Mrs worked for them up until about 6 months ago and we always had sharesave’s on the go.
    They’ve done well in the last 12 months and the city appear to be quite upbeat about there venture into the TV sport side of things and potentially eating into Sky market share.

Couple of mates are heavily into Quindrell Group, think they list under QPP, although I think their looking medium to long term?

househusband

650B.

Makes your shares ‘come alive’.

🙄

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Thanks,er I think guys.Only thing that worries me about BT group is the apparent mess they’ve made of the football coverage.Perhaps Sky would be a better bet.

CaptJon
    Free Member

My old economics teacher reckoned if you read about a share tip the market has already adjusted the price to take into account the expectation of good performance.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

monkeycmonkeydo – Member
    Thanks,er I think guys.Only thing that worries me about BT group is the apparent mess they’ve made of the football coverage.Perhaps Sky would be a better bet.

I’d probably do some more research or perhaps the National Lottery would be a good investment. If your looking at serious amounts of cash I’d want to be reading some of the reports etc. on whats happening.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Nonsense

mudshark
    Free Member

My old economics teacher reckoned if you read about a share tip the market has already adjusted the price to take into account the expectation of good performance.

Well if markets are efficient then that’s correct – well if the tip is based on facts anyway. I studied investment at Uni and came out of it deciding that trying to beat the professionals would be a foolish endeavour unless willing to spend a lot of time managing your portfolio. I’m not so invest in good professionals – i.e. by unit trusts. Overall I’m well ahead of what a FTSE tracker would have got me so happy with that.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Fair point.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘2014 Share tips’ is closed to new replies.