Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • 2014 Reba 120 solo air losing travel
  • iainc

My 4 month old Reba’s are sitting at a shade over 100mm when unloaded, they used to be 120mm. Pressure is fine at 90, have tried letting air out and pumped back up, no difference. They were supplied by LBS – is it a return job ?

igm

Too much pressure in the negative chamber that can only balance at full extension which you don’t get because there is too much pressure in the negative chamber.

Either
    1. Bang the air pressure right up until to get full extension then let it down slowly.
    2. Manhandle them to full extension

Both methods should equalise the forks. You may have to do it a couple of times.
    If it still fails take them back.

Do not under any circumstances use my favorite method of sagging forks on solo airs. My favourite method is I over-pressure them, climb on, then let pressure out until correct sag is achieved. Great on dual airs and Fox, but on solo airs it only depressurises the positive chamber.

iainc

thanks just tried those, can’t get over 105 mm….. (pumped to 135psi)

will perseveve for a bit, and then call shop in morn 🙁

iainc

hmmmm, no difference.

Back to shop it goes..

Thanks for info though

iainc

Pumped them up to 150, not wanting to go any higher in case I damage seals. They extend to about 110/115 mm at that pressure but then drop back to 100 when I depressurise to 90psi. Seems like the negative circuit is knackered. At least its a warranty through LBS.

igm

There’ll be a blockage in the transfer port or something similar – warranty and let someone else sort it.

jairaj

Yep sounds like the negative chamber is not equalising correctly.

Take all the air out and compress forks all the way while still depressing the valve.

If that doesn’t work then you’ll have to send them back to get sorted.

iainc

well they went from LBS to Fishers and diagnosed as a bit of grease on an internal seal causing air to flow from positive to negative chamber as suspected. All sorted now.

Big thankyou to Sprocketscycles in Kilmarnock for turning it around such that bike was only out of commision for a few days 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘2014 Reba 120 solo air losing travel’ is closed to new replies.