Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • 2014 models – when?
  • chriswilk
    Free Member

when are the 2014 models generally widely released?
    interested to see what is new, then either get a 14 model or a 13 reduced.

I know it’s about now, but anyone have more specific dates.
    looking at 1k hardtail, so scott, giant, cube, cannondale, etc.

scotroutes

Very much depends on what model you want. I know from experience that the likes of Cube drip-feed the new models into the market. Likely that some 2014 bikes are already in dealers and some models won’t appear until March/April next year!!

tomhoward

Likely that some 2014 bikes are already in dealers and some models won’t appear until March/April next year!!

This. Was hoping lapierre might release before the end of the ‘summer’, Aug-Sept, but it’s looking like Oct-Nov now apparently 🙁

yorkshire89
    Free Member

I was asking about the Lapierre and was told they won’t be available until December. I was hoping to get a deal on a 2013 zesty but they are still selling well at full price apparently.

justatheory
    Free Member

I emailed Giant and they said their new range is likely to be out late September

tomhoward

Yorkshire89, 🙁 my hope is that will change when folk start holding back now that all the sites/mags are releasing details of the new stuff, even Lapierres site has details of the new spicys and zestys on there

chriswilk
    Free Member

seems like I need to go to the shops and discuss with them.
    My c2w voucher will take ~1 month through my company anyway, so might just fit in.

MussEd
    Free Member

yorkshire89 – Member
    I was asking about the Lapierre and was told they won’t be available until December. I was hoping to get a deal on a 2013 zesty but they are still selling well at full price apparently.

Try this here – other models available reduced too if not the right price point for you…

pbooker1995
    Free Member

Giants new range will be available from a few days after their launch on the 19th August.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

The deals don’t seem as big anymore, I guess because the exchange rate’s shifted back to something more normal during the recession rather than $2:£1 so we’re not such an attractive place to dump cheep stock as margins have been squeezed. 10 years ago 50% off a bike in September was almost normal!

yorkshire89
    Free Member

Try this here – other models available reduced too if not the right price point for you…

Thanks! I was looking at the 314 and cheapest I found online was £2150, so thats £30 cheaper atleast 🙂

Do you think prices will come down much more nearer the time the 2014’s come out? Will they still be available?

Jamie
    Free Member

Man in shop said Giants are on the way this month.

He also said they will be doing away with models by year soon, as it makes it a pain in the arse to shift/lose money on previous years models.

soundb0y
    Free Member

I picked up a good deal on a 714 a few weeks back from bikeactive.

I was considering waiting for the 2014 models but didn’t want to miss a summer of riding!

Rob on sales was a great help.

lucien

New models won’t come until a new, new niche is invented

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘2014 models – when?’ is closed to new replies.