Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • 2014 Croix de fer Carbon forkness
  • howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Sorry I’ve seen various threads but no specific answer.

Got a 2014 frame, spring spruce up now and would like to perhaps upgrade the fork:

worth doing?

Which one?

cheap and light please : )  (although i do value my teeth)

Ta!

isitafox
    Free Member

Think my CdF is 2016 but when I swapped the fork for a carbon it saved a tonne of weight and slightly more responsive but the latter could have been in my head.
    To be honest I’d just go for a Genesis carbon fork, not overly priced (or weren’t when I got mine) and the quality is fantastic.
    Saying that I did run a chinese carbon fork on my old road bike (full carbon steerer jobby) than was fine and I’m not exactly a lightweight.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

ok thanks. no chinese tips?

gummikuh

I do believe Genesis are bringing out a upgrade/replacement carbon fork for the CdF very soon, complete with holes to attach things to. No idea of price though.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

#noholesrequired

fudge9202
    Free Member

Here you go, wish this was about when I had my Cdf,

https://www.bikeradar.com/news/article/genesis-cdf-carbon-fork-53631/

iainc

They specced some versions with carbon forks for a few years. I have a CDF 30, I think 2015 or 16, and it came with one, great bike, good fork too !

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

thanks @fudge but that is way beyond my budget. was hoping for under 100 quid / secondhand.

there is nothing specific i need , other than it being straight steerer?

fudge9202
    Free Member

I think Paul Milne Cycles posts them on eBay from one to time. Check with them. He currently has one at £110 might suit
    eBay item no 173831907669

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

cheers will take a look

iainc

mine 🙂

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

excellent inspiration cheers.  i’ve put an ad up for a fork and Shimano skewers, need to upgrade mine as they are terrible!

fasthaggis

Is that for sale when the Vagabond arrives Iain? 😉

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

if you split I’ll take the fork 🙂

legometeorology
    Free Member

I think you’re going to struggle. I may be wrong, but I think the 2014 and earlier CDFs had a shorter fork than the post-2014 ones. Yours may be 380mm axle to crown, the newer ones are 400-405mm or something.

A 380mm straight steerer carbon fork with good clearance will be hard to find…

To be honest though, I’d not bother. May be free up cash from the forks and get some nice wheels?

iainc

fasthaggis

Is that for sale when the Vagabond arrives Iain? 😉

🙂 fraid not, they don’t really cross over that much. CDF fast tourer, winter road, light off road. Vagabond proper adventure stuff, wilderness, loaded up, rougher stuff

GHill

I may be wrong, but I think the 2014 and earlier CDFs had a shorter fork than the post-2014 ones.

I think this is correct. I’ve got the Genesis aftermarket carbon fork for the 2014 CdF (it has an alloy steerer and mounts on the sides), think it was roughly £150 but no idea if a Genesis dealer can still get them. Mine was ordered via 18bikes.

scotroutes

I have a Kinesis DC19 fork I could sell but a2c is 400mm.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

@scotroutes could be interested. it would change the head angle by a degree perhaps…?

scotroutes

I’ll get a couple of photos.

legometeorology
    Free Member

Ah, I was a bit off, looks like 387mm, so a 400mm wouldn’t be quite so far off. Will likely slacken it by just over 0.5 degrees and raise the bb 5mm.

Brother Cycles Kepler fork may work.

https://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/pre-2015-genesis-croix-de-fer-fork-axle-to-crown-length/

https://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/what-carbon-fork-for-croix-de-fer/

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

great thanks for the info, really good of you

fasthaggis

Raises hand…if howsyourdad1 doesn’t want it,I would be interested in that fork scotroutes.. 🙂

Skankin_giant
    Free Member

I keep looking at these for my Kaff, still not splashed out on new forks yet…..

Condor Pioggia Carbon Disc Fork

Though Swapping the frame for a Soma Fogcutter would please me more….

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘2014 Croix de fer Carbon forkness’ is closed to new replies.