Viewing 40 posts - 3,521 through 3,560 (of 3,963 total)
  • 2013/14 Rugby Thread
  • tinybits
    Free Member

Enjoyed the Leicester match, indeed shame about the boos and I think Dorian West (Saints coach) grabbed the ref after the final whistle. Could (should) be a lengthy ban!

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Was a thrilling game, as a Sale fan i had mixed feelings about it but Tigers deserved the win, plus its interesting to see Saints falter.

BlindMelon
    Free Member

We are focusing on next week DD! I didn’t see the game but poor result nonetheless.

surfer
    Free Member

@DD

I was going to drop you a note ref the Bath game but couldnt get away. Had to watch it on BT instead.

Satisfied with the result 😀 Did you make it??

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Did you make it??

No worries. I was in London for the weekend anyway. I’ve only ever gone there supporting the away team (be that Brizzle or Munster). Great result for Sale though – I was pleased for them as well as yourself and md. 🙂

Tom-B
    Free Member

What do we make of the whole biting allegations? Obviously a moot point as it’s not been cited, but Hartley is still seemingly toeing the wrong side of the discipline line!

Pigface
    Free Member

An accusation like that will make the next england camp interesting 😆

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Well, it’s only an allegation, but it IS Hartley, and that makes me worry about it. OK, so there’s some tension between Youngs, Hartley, and perhaps Barnes as well, but to raise an accusation of biting is a pretty serious thing to do, and I don’t believe any player would do so lightly.

surfer
    Free Member

Excellent player but a bit too petulant. I was near the assault he made on Dan Braid last week. He seems unable to keep it in check.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Meanwhile, at the HK 7s, a Japanese player goes for a swan dive scoring celebration;

https://vine.co/v/MemDEBjIaBF

And, that swift American gets his first moment of glory in the 15 a side game….
    [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=0r4jXw-tzP8[/video]

Oops!

duckman

Ayr against Hawick by the looks of things,that would have been a nasty pint after the game!

tinybits
    Free Member

In fairness to Youngs, he said ‘someone’ had bitten him, not Hartly specifically. Couldn’t see anything when it was reviewed on BT sport, and assume it was nothing.

Interestingly, Youngs lineout was 100%, unlike Hartley’s. What is wrong for England I couldn’t say, but something must be messing with the calls when Youngs comes on.

Frankers
    Free Member

Excellent game and kicking from Owen Williams again, he will definitely see the season out as Tigers 1st choice 10

Hope he gets to take some part on the summer tour to SA

anagallis_arvensis

I expect he will if Patchel isnt fit and Priestland and Biggar pick up a limp!

ijs445ra
    Free Member

WHAT Edinburgh won away 😯

Some questionable ref’ing in their favour but delighted to take the win

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I sat down last night and re-watched the second half of the France – Ireland game. With all my pacing around when it was actually on, I’d forgotten just how brutal an encounter it was. A wonderful half of bruising 6N rugby. The reaction of the French team at the end was very sporting, given that they’d just had that try disallowed and not been given a penalty at the scrum. Great game. 😀

BlindMelon
    Free Member

So your predictions for the Heine quarters then:

Munster v Toulouse – neither are in great form but I think home advantage will see Munster home by 3 pts
    Clermont v Tigers – tigers pack will struggle, Clermont by 10
    Ulster v Sarries – When this was drawn I thought Ulster would win however our form since the tigers pool game has been poor. Meanwhile Sarries have been in good form. I have to go with my heart, Ulster by 5. SUFTUM
    Toulon v Leinster – I think this could be the most exciting game of the 4. High scoring and Toulon by 5

jambalaya
    Free Member

Just signed up to BT so going to be able to watch the QF’s 🙂

Leicester have a tough draw, home advantage to tell for Clermont. Toulon haven’t been in great form since January but have a strong home record so the Leinster match should be a cracker.

anagallis_arvensis

I thought the rugby season was over!!!

tinybits
    Free Member

Don’t you have the rabo still to play for? Is it in any way linked to European cup next year?

That’s a real question by the way, I’ve got no idea really, but rugby in England is hitting up nicely!

anagallis_arvensis

Not sure I always seem to nod off half way through the Rabble Bank games.

Ulster, Leinster and Munster have the most money so contest the top spots with Glasgow next…. dull as **** doesn’t even cover it.
    I believe its 3 from Ireland, two from Wales and 1 from Scotland and 1 from Italy qualify.

So Leinster, Munster, Ulster, Ospreys, Scarlets, Glasgow and the Italian team that isn’t Zebre whatever they are called this week

anagallis_arvensis

I hate watching Munster, dull lifeless anti rugby. Not helped by the skyspurts wankfest.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

home advantage will see Munster home by 3 pts

😀

Great display of dull, lifeless, anti-rugby to score six tries and put 47 points past Toulouse (even POC scored). No way are they in the top four sides in Europe, but they’ve managed to get themselves into the semis again. 🙂

Of course, Toulouse not really turning up sort of helped.

BlindMelon
    Free Member

Awesome DD well played sir. Some of the dullest 6 try rugby I’ve ever seen 😉

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I’m enjoying it for the moment BM, but Toulouse really were a bit dire. They were a bit munstered at the breakdown. Zebo just ran through three of them for the second last but there were lovely hands all over the place for the last one. I giggled as I saw POC picking up to go over. 🙂

Really looking forward to the Leinster game – would be nice to continue the Paris party for another weekend over the French. I think Ulster have a tough proposition with Sarries. Would be great to get three into the semis. Somehow I think it’ll be only two at the most by the end of play tomorrow. Good luck. (cough)#suftum(cough cough) (lower case only!! 😀 )

anagallis_arvensis

I gave up watching after the Telly Tubbies try, great result but its not easy on the eye. I wish refs would one day ping a player for joining mauls in front of the carrier. When there is no legal way to stop a well coached maul the game becomes very dull.
    Cant see much past home wins in all games to be honest.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Hmmm, I notice ASM CA have banners reading “Yellow Army” on the stands. Anglais on purpose do we think? 🙂

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Well played Clermont. 🙂

BlindMelon
    Free Member

This could be red

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

He’ll be lucky with a yellow…

Payne seemed to be looking at the ball…but as the commentators are saying, you need to be aware of what you’re doing. Poor challenge really.

“Rouge” or “Jaune” are the words you need to listening for BM.

BlindMelon
    Free Member

Yeah I don’t think it was deliberate but if it’s red I couldn’t complain

Frankers
    Free Member

Well played Leicester but Clermont too strong

Tigers forwards looked knackered midway through second half, Clermont have the depth of squad to bring on other quality players, Tigers don’t.

Another great game from Owen Williams and Blaine Scully

Maybe time for scrapping of salary cap if top English teams are to succeed in Europe

BlindMelon
    Free Member

I hope Goode is not too badly injured.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Ref is taking a very long time over this…

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Oh sheeet! Hope Goode is ok, but that could be game over for Ulster. 😐

BlindMelon
    Free Member

Aw **** can it get worse

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

can it get worse

It can BM. Matt Dawson has just blocked me on twitter. 😀

BlindMelon
    Free Member

What did u say

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

What did u say

He tweeted in an outrage, that he’d seen “nothing worse”, to which I replied “Nothing worse”? For heaven’s sake, let’s not exaggerate. He didn’t like that for some reason.

BlindMelon
    Free Member

Balls

Viewing 40 posts - 3,521 through 3,560 (of 3,963 total)

The topic ‘2013/14 Rugby Thread’ is closed to new replies.