Viewing 40 posts - 2,441 through 2,480 (of 3,963 total)
  • 2013/14 Rugby Thread
  • BlindMelon
    Free Member

Both Irish centres made breaks. It was never going to be a day for flowing three quarter moves given the game plan and the conditions. Great that Ireland were able to play a totally different game to the one employed against NZ in the autumn. Top marks so far for Schmitt.

anagallis_arvensis

well there was the one with the disallowed try where they seemed to move upfield through the irish at will. Prior to that the quick taps from Phillips, or the clean break from Roberts where he brushed aside some old bloke 😉

Faletau going outside Trimble was funny too

anagallis_arvensis

Wales played like England…

to be fair I havent seen England fail to do the basics like that in about 20 years.

anagallis_arvensis

Who is the english player with the rats tail? 😆 😯 😯

hamishthecat
    Free Member

It was more the complete lack of ability to come up with a different game plan. Wales weren’t great but they weren’t that bad – Ireland had a plan to beat them and it worked, well.

BlindMelon
    Free Member

well there was the one with the disallowed try where they seemed to move upfield through the irish at will.

The one time they were near the line and it should have been an Irish line out on the Wales 5m line when Halfpenny flapped the ball out.

Trimble pushed Toby into touch.

anagallis_arvensis

Trimble pushed Toby into touch.

Faletau beat him on the outside, that he then got back to help make the tackle doesnt make it any less funny

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

1309 message again on one of the Scots arm bandages. Second week running, what does it stand for?

tiggs121
    Free Member

Pitch looks better than I thought it was going to be!

Not looking forward to this – we simply haven’t got enough power to compete with England.

tiggs121
    Free Member

13 09 ? Score prediction!

anagallis_arvensis

130 to 9 surely

anagallis_arvensis

dont see the point in those drops, might as well have a run surely?

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Agree, go for the 7 in that situation, and then why kick to one of scotlands best players (Denton) twice in a row??

boxfish
    Free Member

In the words of Bill McClaren, “he gave that one a mighty hoof” 😀

anagallis_arvensis

nice line

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Phew, just writing that this could be a bit of a dirge, then that was nice angles…phew!

How far offside do chasers have to be to be pinged offside these days? Ditto obstructing the chaser?

anagallis_arvensis

scotland think they are Wales!

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Brian Habana playing for England – ok a bit taller!!!

boxfish
    Free Member

13-0 at HT, again? England to win 26-3…

tiggs121
    Free Member

I reckon England will get more and Scotland a wee bit less than that!

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Like the comments about the ref making a game of it!!! Odd not to have a penalty at the end there.

C’mon England push on now (despite the conditions)….

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Credit to Scotland for hanging in here. England should have been more clinical in finishing this off.

tiggs121
    Free Member

We’ve defended well here. England may be disappointed with this 2nd half?

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

England are playing rugby, what are Scotland playing?

anagallis_arvensis

two poor matches this w/e

dannyh
    Free Member

Scotland have got the same out of this game as they have offered it. Bugger all. Duncan Weir – another one from the proud Scottish production line of gash fly halves. England have won in every department.

tiggs121
    Free Member

Aye – Weir is crap. Lineout was a shambles. Too many penalties given away. Not good enough is the real reason of course.

Defence was ok given the possession we had.

It’s a wooden spoon season…………..again!

novaswift
    Free Member

Yip. England too powerful Scotland woeful

matt_outandabout

8)

dannyh
    Free Member

I also think Scott Johnson is very culpable. He seems to have set his side up solely on the basis of a wet ball and crap pitch. Zero ambition yields zero points.

England didn’t need to get out of second gear.

gordimhor

Scotland were very poor again no attacking threat and poor discipline led to easy points for England. If England can keep first choice players fit they can still win the championship. Though it depends on someone else beating France and Ireland.

bruk

Oh god that was awful. Scotland have to improve our discipline as it was the final nail in the coffin tonight. How bad has our line-out become that we can lose almost as many as we win.

Just a bit of a mess of errors that snowballed. Not much positive to be taken from it. On to Italy for the wooden spoon decider ( if we are lucky and the Italians don’t turn over the French tomorrow?)

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

It’s hard to see how Scott Johnson earns his pay. That was dire. Scotland have good players but seem to have no ideas of how they want to play, felt sorry for the ever eager Denton! why take the best player off?

I guess England could have kicked a lot more points, but sad that they didn’t really push on and score more tries (perhaps they didn’t want to give their moves away 😉 for when it matters). At least we know want the call “ninja” means!!!!!!

anagallis_arvensis

Sad thing for Wales is the lack of options.

Jake Ball over Coombs
    Tips at 7 and Warbs at 6
    Shit or bust with Lee at 3 and Rhodri Jones at 1? No idea why they keep putting R Jones at 3 when he seems to play 1 for Scarlets.
    Who can we have in place of Liam Williams, he’s and honest trier but lacks class.
    Maybe Charteris will return.

ac505
    Free Member

if only our skills matched our love of rugby…….. Poor game, lots to work on.

Oh, and England Nr 10 (Farrell) – not a sportsman.
    http://balls.ie/rugby/video-owen-farrell-pushes-chris-cusiter/

toys19
    Free Member

Oh, and England Nr 10 – not a sportsman.

yes Farrell up to his usual petulance, its repulsive isn’t it. But don’t just single him out, plenty of other players are just as bad, eg you often see Phillips doing this, its just as repulsive..

dannyh
    Free Member

I am an England support through and through, but I would quite like to see someone twot Farrell at some point. It’s the same old thing, no one likes people acting like arseholes, and it is good when they get their comeuppance. I’m thinking some hairy backed boer farmer playing for South Africa might get hold of him and spark him out.

bruk

Seems to be a lot more aggro this year. Maybe people think it ‘pumps’ them up and helps their performance. You want rugby still to have the physicality and aggression to it but the off the ball stuff is just niggly. Possibly since the advent of video refs people are looking for a reaction and getting an opponent carded.

Anyway my money is on spikey Mikey and Farrell having handbags as neither of them is actually going to properly **** the other.

toemul
    Free Member

Thought farrells push wasn’t as bad as the fullback Gloating about the try Now that was shit. I am English and a real rugby fan.

anagallis_arvensis

yes Farrell up to his usual petulance, its repulsive isn’t it. But don’t just single him out, plenty of other players are just as bad, eg you often see Phillips doing this, its just as repulsive..

do you, dont get me wrong he’d start a fight in an empty phonebox but he’s usually the stand in front and have a go type. Not the push the smallest guy on the pitch over when he’s not looking type. Oh and he’d wipe the floor with Farrel but I doubt Farrel would be stupid enough to try that with spikey. Many much bigger and tougher guys than Farrel have had a pop at spikey, he takes it well. He was acting like a **** today but at least it shows he cares.

Viewing 40 posts - 2,441 through 2,480 (of 3,963 total)

The topic ‘2013/14 Rugby Thread’ is closed to new replies.