Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 3,963 total)
  • 2013/14 Rugby Thread
  • wrecker
    Free Member

A brave comment given the pre-season charity boxing matches have just finished at Bath

Didn’t Grewcock fight Harrison at one of these?

anagallis_arvensis

Are you sure ypur not confusing the Dregs captain and former team mate at welsh talking up him moving to the Dregs? Henson was on the beeb website talking up playing for Bath.
    Is he in the in the squad to play the Dregs?

Really? I’m sure if he moves again, he’s not getting another shot with a decent club. The blokes a liability!

That has been said rather a lot in the last four years and he’s been signed by Saffercens, Toulon, Cardiff, London Welsh and Bath!!

surfer
    Free Member

What do you reckon Surfer? are we going down this season?

Have faith 😯

Backs looked very good, particularly Arscott and Cueto. Braid was excellent as usual.
    Scrum was rubbish though and that would be my concern. Kulemin looked pretty good when he came on and I though Gaskell played well also.

Cipriani looked OK and I had the briefest of chats with him after the game and he was was very friendly and said hello to Surfer junior which was nice.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Blues 9 – Sale 17 at half time, Sale scored very quickly so at least they can remember where the tryline is!
    I hope they have a better season this year – i have BT Vision for the rugby 😀

duckman

Cipriani looked OK and I had the briefest of chats with him after the game and he was was very friendly and said hello to Surfer junior which was nice.

Is Surfer junior female?

wrecker
    Free Member

Steady on duckman!

Watching wilkos Toulon vs sextons Racine metro. Toulon winning so far, HT.

surfer
    Free Member

Is Surfer junior female?

🙂

Male

surfer
    Free Member

Blues 9 – Sale 17 at half time

Game of two arves!

ijs445ra
    Free Member

24-6 saints beat edinburgh, was 7-6 when I started following game at 50+ minutes. I must be a not so lucky charm 🙁

wrecker
    Free Member

Racing got a hiding!
    Wilco, smith and particularly masoe (no 8 ) were very good. Giteau was shite.

duckman

Giteau hasn’t been great for 3 years now, as soon as he got old enough to have to work harder to play at the same level he stopped seeming interested. I am making my vets debut tomorrow, 45 years old,spent the last 7 years with a whistle in my piehole; what could possibly go wrong? Meeting at 11am for team brandy…not how I remember pre match prep.

wrecker
    Free Member

That’s brilliant! Good luck duckman, have a great game.

Frankers
    Free Member

jambalaya – Member

@frankers
    I was at the match and I thought Lawes played well and did not hit Flood late, perfectly legit.

I agree it was not late either, Lawes was out to take him off the pitch though.

I was there too 🙂

tinybits – Member
    ads678 – Member
    Cockerill is an arse dont understand how any Leicester fans can condone his little tantrum.
    Most don’t. He deserved a ban but it’s just a bit inconsistent that’s all. But that’s the RFU all over.
    This, Cockers deserved it fully. No place in the game at all for that. Now I just want the same thing done to all other coaches / players.

Not sure how the ban is justified for the length of time….. lets be honest lots of coaching staff have directed bad language to ref with no ban

As a Leicester fan I was disappointed with his behaviour at such a big family event, he showed himself up.

BlindMelon
    Free Member

Pumas going much better this week, running SA tight

BlindMelon
    Free Member

From BBC Sport:

England World Cup winner Josh Lewsey is appointed as the new head of rugby for Wales.

Lewsey will take on operational and strategic management of the whole game in Wales from community to elite level outside the senior international squad.

“I’m delighted to have been offered this opportunity to play a pivotal role in ensuring the strength and wellbeing of the national sport of Wales,” Lewsey said.

“Everyone involved in rugby knows how passionate the whole of Wales is about the sport, so I’m fully aware of the huge responsibility I’m accepting.”

clubber
    Free Member

In other big news, my son’s under 7 team are starting Rugby training again next week. How I’ve missed standing, shivering by the pitch while the kids run around ignoring the coaches 🙂

wrecker
    Free Member

Lewsey could do a good job there.
    I’ve always liked him, not only is he an ex squaddie but he gave Celebriani a cracking black eye.

Pigface
    Free Member

He was doing stuff with the Cornish Pirates, good luck with the Welsh job trying to deal with the clubs in Wales is like herding cats. Graham Henry started that ball rolling and they hated him for it, if it wasn’t for Henry Welsh rugby would be in real trouble. Some I am sure will disagree with that.

anagallis_arvensis

welsh rugby is in real trouble but that’s another story. Not sure what the job involves or how Lewsey is qualified. Could be a bit of a Gatland yes man though.
    meanwhile

“Leicester’s Richard Cockerill criticises new scrum laws”

Leicester director of rugby Richard Cockerill has criticised lawmakers for introducing changes to the scrum without consulting Premiership coaches.

A new three-stage scrum engagement sequence will be used this season, while scrum-halves must now feed the ball straight.

“When they change these laws, nobody asks Premiership coaches about the laws of the scrums,” Cockerill said.

“Who changes these things and what’s their agenda?”

**** off you self important moaning ****

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/23888263

Spent yesterday on a spa break in bath (haven’t felt that uncomfortable since I accidently stayed at a nudist camp in Austria) but the Mrs insisted.

Anyway the the B&B owner insisted that Henson wouldn’t get in the Bath team because Banahanahanenan is a better player, almost choked on my bacon!!

jambalaya
    Free Member

Josh Lewsey is a bit of a strange choice given the role is about grass roots rugby, I cannot see too many young Welsh hopefuls looking up to him (quite rightly so).

The new Stade Francais stadium is magnificent, went to the opening match there last night as they demolished Biarritz without doing anything spectacular. Approx 20,000 capacity and full. Racing are off to a bit of a dodgy start, crushed by Toulon last week as noted above.

wrecker
    Free Member

I cannot see too many young Welsh hopefuls looking up to him (quite rightly so).

Why? A good player is a good player. If they’re so bitter that they can’t respect that, maybe they’d be better off with a round ball. I doubt the welsh have too much bad to say about gatland and Edwards.

anagallis_arvensis

Why? A good player is a good player. If they’re so bitter that they can’t respect that, maybe they’d be better off with a round ball. I doubt the welsh have too much bad to say about gatland and Edwards.

LLewsey is welsh anyway, as is Edwards that’s a welsh name.
    I just have no idea how he’s qualified for the job, but then as I said I don’t have much idea what the job is!

wrecker
    Free Member

You’re not too far wrong!

Despite the fact that he was born in England and has always lived in England, he could have qualified for Wales as his mother is Welsh and his father is half-Welsh and half-English.

Although Edwards is an English and welsh name…..you can have him anyway.

anagallis_arvensis

Although Edwards is an English and welsh name…..you can have him anyway.

thanks. Serious question time though but do you rate Farrel over him as defence coach? I’d prefer Edwards and the Lions defence wasnt all that great although that is perhaps not a fair comparison.

anagallis_arvensis

Toby Flood out cold for ten mins and taken away in an Ambulance from the pitch last night after some cheating micker led with the elbow. Hope he’s OK but sounds serious.

https://mobile.twitter.com/tobyflood/status/373851556472713216/photo/1?screen_name=tobyflood

jambalaya
    Free Member

Shaun Edwards is some way ahead of Farrell as a coach in my view

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

cheating micker

Classy.

Pigface
    Free Member

Who was the Irish chap who allegedly inflicted the blow on young Flood.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I don’t think there’s any “allegedly” about it Piggie. It was Dan Tuohy. As it was a friendly, Leicester will have to lodge a complaint for him to receive further sanction. If it’s as blatant* as reports are suggesting, I hope they do.

*I haven’t seen footage.

wrecker
    Free Member

To my mind the juries out on Farrell. It’s early days for him, so only time will tell. Can’t compare him to Edwards yet, he hasn’t been in place long enough.
    He must have something about him though, lancs is no fool and neither is gats.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Agreed @wrecker, perhaps not fair to make a direct comparison and am a bit negative on Farrell as he was so ordinary (or worse) for England, an example of the RFU having too much money and not knowing what to do with it.

anagallis_arvensis

anagallis_arvensis

form?

Pigface
    Free Member

WTF is Flood wearing? That is an awful strip.

Tom-B
    Free Member

Parling and Flood look like they’re at a pyjama party! Parling’s even giving Toby a cuddle 🙂

duckman

No he isn’t! he is catching him so he doesn’t do any more damage as he hits the ground. Toby Flood is going to sound like Rocky Balboa at this rate. Somewhere in a Premiership dressing room a back 5 forward is getting ribbed by his mates because he HASN’T knocked Flood sparko.

anagallis_arvensis

Whilst I hold Tuohy fully responsible due to reckless play someone needs to tell the modern outside half that tackling round big guys legs is a much safer option. If you go high on a roided up backrower its not gping to end well. Either that or step back and push the lock in the way! The game has moved on since Wilkinson got away with smashing everything that ran down his channel ( if he ever did get away with it).

Pigface
    Free Member

Raided up? Any evidence to back that up AA?

Frankly I am amazed no big names have been busted yet for “abuse”

Rumour has it that Rodber was a bit “iffy”

anagallis_arvensis

evidence is from years of watching cycling! just making the point that he’s huge!

Frankers
    Free Member

Pigface – Member
    WTF is Flood wearing? That is an awful strip.

I like it, better than last seasons!!

Was at Welford Road yesterday and was worrying watching how long it took medics to sort Flood out, agree with above though the way he tackle the big blokes needs looking at!! Guessing Lamb will get a run of games now….. or maybe the new lad we stole from Scarlets 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 3,963 total)

The topic ‘2013/14 Rugby Thread’ is closed to new replies.