Viewing 40 posts - 1,321 through 1,360 (of 3,963 total)
  • 2013/14 Rugby Thread
  • wrecker
    Free Member

Johnson said before the start of the tests he wants to give as many players as possible game time, try combinations etc with a view to increasing the player pool with international experience prior to the RWC

Got to admire team tinkering vs Aus!

It is arguably what England should have done with the backline especially when the pack were going so well it would have given any new backs a good platform as a start point.

Agreed, the Argentina test was perfect for it.

anagallis_arvensis

4 weeks for Tongan prop. Misses fridays game Meastri got nowt.
    [video]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LZKSkUJiUG8[/video]

ijs445ra
    Free Member

OZ team, despite all the bans it looks pretty strong. Saw a bit of Feauai-Sautia in the S15 think he is only 18 or 19 but looks a real talent a dangerous/exciting back 3 with him Folau and Tomane.

Australia : Israel Folau (NSW Waratahs), Joe Tomane (ACT Brumbies), Christian Leali’ifano (ACT Brumbies), Mike Harris (Queensland Reds), Chris Feauai-Sautia (Queensland Reds), Quade Cooper (Queensland Reds), Will Genia (Queensland Reds); James Slipper (Queensland Reds), Stephen Moore (ACT Brumbies), Sekope Kepu (NSW Waratahs), Rob Simmons (Queensland Reds), James Horwill (Queensland Reds), Scott Fardy (ACT Brumbies), Michael Hooper (NSW Waratahs), Ben Mowen (ACT Brumbies, captain).

Replacements : Saia Fainga’a (Queensland Reds), Ben Alexander (ACT Brumbies), Paddy Ryan (NSW Waratahs), Sitaleki Timani (NSW Waratahs), Ben McCalman (Western Force), Nic White (ACT Brumbies), Nick Phipps (Melbourne Rebels), Bernard Foley (NSW Waratahs).

DezB
    Free Member

Meastri got nowt

That’s cos he punches like a girl 😆

DanW
    Free Member

Bradley Davies has just had surgery on his shoulder so will be out for a while…

anagallis_arvensis

He has been very unlucky recently.

cheers_drive

10 years ago today! What a night – I was in Oz but not at the stadium.

WRX2003 win by Cheers Drive, on Flickr

Pigface
    Free Member

Now what is going on with the H-Cup or what ever it is going to be called in the future, how come the english seem to have been squeezed out.

DanW
    Free Member

Now what is going on with the H-Cup or what ever it is going to be called in the future, how come the english seem to have been squeezed out.

From the statements I have seen reported on line the idea of the English being squeezed out has not actually been said but is something that the wider media have inferred to make a story out of pretty much nothing.

As far as I can see nothing has changed beyond the ERC planning to meet the new demands of the European Unions to modify the Heineken Cup structure to be what all the unions are looking for. However the RFU said very early on that they no longer recognise the ERC as an organising body (or something similar) so the media are putting pressure on the RFU to retract their bold stance and eat their words.

So basically, ERC changes the Heineken cup to be what the English want and the English then have the decision to stick with bold anti-ERC stance or come grovelling back. It just seems to be bluff and double bluff for some minor changes which would have probably evolved to happen anyway while massaging some egos along the way.

ijs445ra
    Free Member

It is an embarrassing shambles, you see more grown up behaviour in play grounds, both sides need a severe b0llcking.

I also get the impression that neither players nor fans are being given any consideration at all through the whole pathetic mess.

wrecker
    Free Member

However the RFU said very early on that they no longer recognise the ERC as an organising body (or something similar) so the media are putting pressure on the RFU to retract their bold stance and eat their words.

I don’t think that the RFU have taken such a bold stance. It’s the PRL who will not deal with the ERC. The RFU have been more cautious in their language. The remnants of the ERC did not invite the PRL or RFU to the meeting, as the PRL have refused to attend any others.
    In essence, the Irish, Welsh, French, Scottish and Italian unions have agreed on a new format. The French and Welsh clubs have not (at present) and have stated that they want to be part of a new competition.
    The PRL will not be going grovelling to the ERC, they can’t as they are contracted to BT whereas ERC have made a deal with sky (which doesn’t/shouldn’t include the English clubs).
    Each nation seems to have its own battle; the Irish clubs are part of the union, the welsh regions and french clubs are having a full blown ding dong with theirs. The RFU is notably quiet, however wants a new competition to be union run (of course). The scots and italians haven’t said a lot.

So in summary, the club owners wants more moneys.

anagallis_arvensis

So anyway, the game tonight. Tonga looked pretty good v a strong french side so against a piss weak wales team an upset is on the cards imo.

BruceWee

The Tonga game doesn’t look like it’ll be on iplayer. Any other channels streaming it or will I have to dig through the adverts on vipbox.tv again?

anagallis_arvensis

Is it not on the red button?

BruceWee

Is the red button an iplayer thing? I’ve only got a computer to watch it on right now.

mikey3
    Free Member

cant you watch it on the bbc sport website,theres a link there for it.

mikey3
    Free Member

I see what you mean ,just tried bbc sport website and I got a cant be shown for legal reasons message,strange.

anagallis_arvensis

10 nil nice try from Owen Williams.

anagallis_arvensis

17 nil wales looking good. Try Beck.

anagallis_arvensis

17:7

anagallis_arvensis

Bored now

DanW
    Free Member

Is this the longest game of rugby ever or does it just feel like it?

Something like 90-95% Wales possession in the second half and no score. I think even the ever excitable Jiffy is starting his own one man Mexican wave in the commentary box

DezB
    Free Member

So that disallowed try by the Welsh 11 : – 1/2p CHUCKED the ball forward in front of an international standard referee running the line and he ignored it! They didn’t even check the pass! Ridiculous. One of the fundamental rules of rugby and they can’t ref it.
    (I’m watching it on slight delay and I think I’ll give up now.)

anagallis_arvensis

The usual friday night horror show!!

bigblackshed

If the second half was a dog, you would have put it down after 15 minutes.

The good points were Beck and North looking for work. 1/2p running support lines. Lanky Luke and Evans looked busy. Ryan Jones excellent as usual.

Hook runs sideways, Williams was far too slow at the breakdown, Lydiate looks really out of match fitness. The set piece looks as shonkey as hell.

bigblackshed

Ohh, Wales should never play in their away strip. They always play terrible in grey or yellow.

anagallis_arvensis

Beck took the try well and threw a few nice passes but didnt want to know when it came to taking the ball up. Him and Hook used up all the space for the outside backs. The ref had no clue at the scrum and whilst Williams was rubbish I’m not sure the Tongans were coming from behind the back foot they were standing offside waiting for the ball to come out. Still at keast we didnt lose.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Scotland in turquoise, England in purple, Wales in grey. When will this absurdity stop?

DanW
    Free Member

We were discussing before about the consistency of the legs above body business with tackling and cards/ bans… did the half dozen tackles like the one above even so much as get a mention? Nope, I don’t think they should either. “Tip” tackles seem to be treated like spear tackles which are two very different things with different levels of intent and danger to the tackled player. I can see why there is the desire to protect the tackled player in this way but some of the cards and bans have been daft as already pointed out loads of times…

gordimhor

Great game of league on Bbc1 now.

anagallis_arvensis

Great game of league on Bbc1 now.

insert witty reposte here!

gordimhor

Well it was a great game , sore one for England though. They played well.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Saints v Falcons on BTsport now
    Suspect a battering for Falcons.

Sale took 5 points off Wuss last night but played poorly in the first before getting it together in the second.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

RL was brilliant fun. Nightmare high tackle at the end cost us!!!

DezB
    Free Member

Gutted for England in that semi final. So close to beating the holders of the world cup! Great game, proper entertainment.

anagallis_arvensis

come on Scotland

anagallis_arvensis

arse

anagallis_arvensis

come on ref grow a pair!!

duckman

Your father is your brother
    Your sister is is your mother
    Your s***ing one another
    You’re the convict family

M’on Scotland!

anagallis_arvensis

What is the **** point of a video ref ffs at least let him say what he thinks!!!! Drives me nuts

Viewing 40 posts - 1,321 through 1,360 (of 3,963 total)

The topic ‘2013/14 Rugby Thread’ is closed to new replies.