Viewing 40 posts - 441 through 480 (of 3,963 total)
  • 2013/14 Rugby Thread
  • deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Kick and Wriggle World Cup starts soon.

Can’t you just feel the excitement?

England v that well known RL Stronghold, Ireland to kick off proceedings. Can’t wait I tell ya. 🙂

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

DD, I assume you have the 30th of October marked in your diary with a big red crayon scrawl?

USA v Cook Islands at Memorial Park. 2000hrs.

A real clash of run and wriggle titans there! Good to see them playing the game in a place where there are bound to be masses of RL fans, Merkins and Cook Islanders to really fill the ground!

Erm. Akshewally.

wrecker
    Free Member

I am watching the EPL powerplay over Europe

The French are at least as culpable as the EPL.
    The game going professional was always going to bring things like this. Like it or not, rugby is now a business. I can see the argument that if you contribute more, you get more. However, I am wholly uncomfortable that any league operates to the detriment of others.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Spreys v Dregs on BBC2 red button now.

Biggar starting at 15. Interesting….

wrecker
    Free Member

Tonight is one of the rare occasions I support glaws (joking scamper)

wrecker
    Free Member

Ford is having a shocker. Come on gold, let’s see what Henson can do at 10!!!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Tidy win for the Ospreys. Tipuric is in simply sublime form.

Fingers crossed for Toby Faletau, though. Didn’t look at all good.

BlindMelon
    Free Member

Big home win for Ulster against the Blues. Starting to hit form now at long last.

SUFTUM

gordimhor

Glasgow ran out of steam against Munster .A bit too predictable.

ton

just a quick heads up for all you rah rah’s…………Proper rugby world cup starts tomorrow.

8)

Philby

Ton +1

Looking forward to England v Australia at the Millenium, then Wales v Italy, followed by a few Brains SA to see the evening out.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

just a quick heads up for all you rah rah’s…………Proper rugby world cup starts tomorrow.

I know.

The nation is gripped. 😆

muddydwarf
    Free Member

League – a game that even in the heartland of the game only 4’500 people could be bothered to attend an International game at £5 per ticket.
    When even the fans don’t turn up its doesn’t bode well..

anagallis_arvensis

Ton even as a league fan you muat think the concept of a world cup with only three teams made up of players who are any good is more than a little underwhelming.

ton

I have to admit, it is not very appealing.
    Australia and new Zealand final will be good tho.
    But, what about all the minor teams there, surely they deserve to play in a world cup?
    just cos we don’t find it appealing, don’t mean it shouldnt be played.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

The game needs to grow,but how to do that when even the core fans stay away i have no idea.
    Sale play at the same stadium and even they attract more people than the above mentioned International game.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member
    Pigface
    Free Member

Wow that’s a turn up, where wil he go now?

Tom-B
    Free Member

Yeah more daft welsh drunkenness 🙂

Back to a Welsh team?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

With the Spreys having lost Fatouali’i…..?

Even though Tibaldi is playing very well, mind you.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

No wonder spikeys spikey!!!!

Pigface
    Free Member

How long are refs meant to play advantage for? Seems utterly random at times.

Tom-B
    Free Member

Not sure of the exact rules piggie….when Italy play the rules seems to be that they get a maximum of two passes before advantage is over, the opposition are usually allowed to score before it’s over 😀

anagallis_arvensis

Yeah more daft welsh drunkenness

Its almost like the last world cup for england didnt happen, or Care or Prince Tindal or no end of Aussies or all bllacks pulled out of bars prior to world cup semi finals… I think the problem may go a little beyond just the welsh…….

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Yeah, but the Welsh do it better, AA!

anagallis_arvensis

My hero!
    Is he playing in the ground shagging world cup?

Tom-B
    Free Member

I think that I’ll give up trying to do jokey banter on this thread a_a. Shirley you could see the smiley after the sentence that you’ve quoted….it was just a little bit of banter!
    It seems fine for you to poke fun at the English, but you really get on the attack when someone dares to make a joke about the Welsh [\rant]

jambalaya
    Free Member

To be fired for being drunk in France is quite an achievement !

anagallis_arvensis

So where have I poked fun at the “English”?
    I may poke fun at english players but I try to avoid racial stereotyping.

Tom-B
    Free Member

I don’t keep a cross referenced database like some a_a and I’m not trawling through the rugby threads to find a quote. I remember you calling an English player a useless turk….is that a racial slur? I have no idea what it means.

If you thinking me making a glib remark about Welsh drunkenness with reference to the rugby team is a racial slur then you are either stupid or being deliberately obtuse….I don’t think that you are the former.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Stop it. NOW.

Please.

anagallis_arvensis

Fat useless Turk actually and the fact you have no idea what that means speaks volumes.
    I would also imagine you can/should be able to see the difference between talking about “daft welsh drunkenness” and commenting on an individual rugby player who is english.

Tom-B
    Free Member

Edited.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

STOP!

wrecker
    Free Member

How’s about we do some AI predictions?

Tom-B
    Free Member

I’m off. Sorry for the bickering gents.

Pigface
    Free Member

I will hit you sick if you don’t stop the bloody bickering, Flashy said it best when he said Stop it now: please

anagallis_arvensis

How’s about we do some AI predictions?

Wales will get thumped first up, limp through a couple poor performances against lesser teams before ending with a close lose to Australia, same as every year really.

wrecker
    Free Member

Don’t worry tom. Easily done. Let’s get back on topic, eh?
    I redo England will narrowly lose to the Aussies, beat the argies and be soundly thrashed by the ABs.
    I don’t think SL has the team quite right yet. I hope that some of the fringe players get a good run out. Care and foden are our best options at 9 and 15. He seems to be favouring youngs and brown.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

RE Care at 9 – Can I just say how glad I am that he seems to have sorted out his inner demons and has got back to playing some great rugby!

RE Wales. Pretty much as AA says.

Viewing 40 posts - 441 through 480 (of 3,963 total)

The topic ‘2013/14 Rugby Thread’ is closed to new replies.