Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • 2013 Marzocchi 55 RC3 Evo 2 – Lowers service
  • Bushwacked
    Free Member

Anyone know where I can find a guide to servicing the lowers on the above?

Been trawling the internet and can’t find any guides for this model. Just bought them 2nd hand and they stick on the first bit of travel then dive through it. Think it is just a case of giving the lowers a bit of a seeing too (I hope) as I can’t believe this much stiction is normal.

pondy
    Free Member

cant help with this model but I have a set of 44 micro switch ta and could find nothing online about servicing them. I contacted Shaun at wind wave and he sent me an exploded diagram, but am sure it can be downloaded from marzocchi website. on mine is was simple, I just removed all any adjusters on the top, undo both top caps, removed the nuts from the bottom, slide both cartridges out and pulled the lowers off, oil specs were way off from factory, hardly any oil in the legs. wind wave recommend removing the foam wipers under the seals if they are fitted as they cause stiction, you can lube them but it comes back as they dry out. I put suspension grease on the oil seals, wiper seals and the between the seals were the foam ring used to be, has been stiction free for many rides,

seanodav
    Free Member

chances are the shrink wrap has broken up on the coil and is causing the sticking you are getting. undo the nuts etc on the top, pour out the oil and cycle fork up and down to remove all oil. pull coil out and check the wrap is ok. repair if it isnt then fill with oil fasaten them up and all should be good again.

edit: lowers dont need removed to do this and is as straight forward as that ^^^

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Cheers, might have a play tomorrow

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘2013 Marzocchi 55 RC3 Evo 2 – Lowers service’ is closed to new replies.