Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • 2013 Lapierre Spicy 916 carbon: Info needed!
  • rdoadesuk

Hi all,
    I have recently aquired from Hannah, here at Singletrack (for their recent charity fundraising), a 2013 Lapierre Spicy 916 in carbon. It has post mount brakes in the rear and one of the ‘threaded barrel inserts’ (no idea of their official title) that the brakes screw into is missing. Any body any idea of part number or a source for spares or even size/spec of said item?
    So far I have contacted Lapierre UK and Raleigh (I suspect both emails arrived in the same office) and the exploded diagrams they sent do not show the partin question at all!
    Anyone with any advice so I can get this built up again.
    Thanks in advance…

dc1988

A barrel nut? You might be able to use a generic one if you know the thread size etc

rdoadesuk

The barrel slots into a hole in the carbon stay and it would be an M6 bolt that secures the brake mount.
    I can only find stainless m6 barrels with a 10mm od and that appears to be too big the it’s slot!
    I can’t find m6 nuts in an 8mm od size or find the actual Lapierre part!

rdoadesuk

brake mount

jler1985

My 2017 identiti mettle uses brake mount barrel inserts. They are easy to find online, and may possible be the same size you need.

rdoadesuk

Thanks, that definitely looks worth investigating but at first glance look like a standard 10mm od. Will check them out for sure though. 👌

weeksy

Whytes G160 and T-130 of various models use them too.

https://whyte.bike/collections/parts-accessories/products/post-mount-barrel-nuts

rdoadesuk

Dammit! In nicer colours too! Suspect these are all 10mm diameter which I think is too big but have ordered some to see…
    Thanks you all 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘2013 Lapierre Spicy 916 carbon: Info needed!’ is closed to new replies.