Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • 2013 can just sod off – more dusty eye dog content….
  • RIP Woody, our 10 week old Beagle pup.

As some of you will know, we lost our hound around a month ago to a brain tumour.

The house felt horribly empty without him, so we decided to get a pup – in fact two to keep each other company. Lottie and Woody joined our family almost a fortnight ago. They brought so much happiness into the house for such a short while. They absolutely loved us and adored each other – their naughtiness also knew no bounds.

Not long after coming home, both developed diarreah and Woody seemed off colour, so after numerous vet visits, pet ambulance journeys and overnight stays, he ended up in Pride Veterinary hospital in Derby – where we lost Wesley a few weeks previous.

The long and short of it is, he was diagnosed with Parvovirus – which we knew could be fatal, especially in pups. However, we felt he was in absolutely the best care and were given lots of encouragement and reassurance.

Lottie followed him to hospital a couple of days later with increasing symptoms. She has now been given a clean bill of health and is back with us, albeit very wary of being alone, skittish and not the same pup that left us a few days ago – I’m sure she will come round though and we know she misses her brother.

Sadly, after a brave fight, Woody arrested today and has gone to meet Wesley in the big field in the sky.

So, it’s mighty dusty in here again, but we know he was cared for – the nurses and vets were all in tears today, he was such a little character.

RIP Woody, we only knew you for a short while, but we will love you forever.

As for this year, well, it can just **** right off, I’m done with it!

wiggles
    Free Member

sorry to hear that, not long till this year is over lets hope 2014 is a better one for you.

rusty90
    Free Member

Damn, feel for you mate. Seen a few dogs come and go over the years, but never lost a pup like that. You must be gutted.
    There’s always next year though. Things will get better.

wrecker
    Free Member

That’s shit mate. Have a man hug.

1981miked
    Free Member

That’s terrible news mate, so sorry and sad that a wee pup has succumbed to a terrible illness. To loose one family pet is bad enough but 2 in such a short time!

Proper bad.. Made worse by the time of year.

Sending man hugs.. I agree 2013 can bugger off!!’ Fed up of it.

JoeG
    Free Member

I went through something similar with a cat. Rodney was the replacement for Gizmo, a 19 year old cat that I had for 18 years. He was about 10 months old when I got him from a shelter. He was the most good natured cat that I have ever known. Not a single bad habit; never even got grumpy. Need to trim his nails? No problem; he would sit still till you were done. He loved to play, and would fetch a couple of his toys. I never heard him growl or hiss even once. I had hoped to have him for 18 years as well!

He came down with Feline Infectious Peritonitis; a fatal virus. I had him euthanized on the same day that I got the bloodwork results. He was only a little over a year and a half old. 😥 I still miss him. He deserved better. I do find some satisfaction in that I gave him his best, happiest days.

But Rodney’s misfortune meant that Frank got to leave the shelter and have a home…

khani
    Free Member

🙁

RoterStern
    Free Member

2013 has been pretty crap for me, too. We lost our dog NiHau after 14 years of company in September. Earlier in the year our house was broken into, then two weeks later someone stole our car and in the last three weeks my work place has been broken into three times!

Nipper99
    Free Member

Kipling had it nailed, ‘of giving your heart to a dog to tear’ (The Power of the Dog)

sandwicheater

That’s crap news, sorry bro 😥

Tis very dusty in this room, has someone been dusting?

Kevsterjw
    Free Member

I’m with OP on this. 2012 was the best year of my life, 2013 one of the worst, up yer bum 2013 Sid offrown a hole and die you pie e of shit.

piemonster

🙁

Onzadog
    Free Member

Dreadful news, really sorry to hear that. To lose a dog is heart wrenching, and him being a pup, I can’t even start to imagine how you must be feeling.

He might have had a short life, but at least it wasn’t spend in a shelter or on the streets. A happy home counts for a lot to a dog.

You going to get lottie some company? Any more of that litter stl available?

Woody
    Free Member

That’s really tough and you have my sympathies. I’ve had my new pup since October and the bond was immediate so I an understand how gutted you must feel.

Man hug and RIP Woody 🙁

Cheers all! Absolutely gutted.

Onza – maybe we will get another, just have to be very careful about bringing another pup into a potentially Parvo contagious house.

stevelolly
    Free Member

I feel your pain , lost my beautiful collie cross to cancer yesterday :-(. He was with us for 10yrs and meant the world to me , the house feels very empty without him.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘2013 can just sod off – more dusty eye dog content….’ is closed to new replies.