2013 bivi a month challenge

Home Forum Bike Forum 2013 bivi a month challenge

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • 2013 bivi a month challenge
  • ianfitz

Not that I’m usually one for new years resolutions but I’ve set myself this challenge. is anyone else considering such madness?

Will be starting tomorrow night with a snowy bivi. Most likely around derwent edge.

I may well resurrect the ‘sick as a dog do show me your bikepackimg/bivi kit’ thread when I’m back in front of the wood burner on Friday!

The army have been out in force bivi’ng on the trails round here recently, not sure what would surprise them more, being woken up by a load of MTBers or waking up with a load of MTB’ers!

Ruddy cold though!

But I do have a new drybag to try out…………..

Premier Icon Graham_Clark
    Subscriber

Started last October… so far so good. Bit chilly at the moment, but well worth it πŸ˜€

Nutters! πŸ™‚

Premier Icon jameso
    Subscriber

‘signed up’ on bearbones – now have a very cold one tonight or wet and muddy at the weekend as options.. looks like I’ll be a bit tired in a meeting on friday then ) More of a long night ride with campsite food and a few hrs rest if I’m going to be in in time.

Good motive to get some more miles in.

Premier Icon Blackhound
    Subscriber

As per flatfishy’s link 4 of us did it last year and already got one in for 2013. Running total is actually 14.

Go for it. Does not have to be some 150 miles each day epic. Go after work on a Friday and be home for lunchtime on Saturday if it suits. Go somewhere different.

ianfitz

Flatfish. Thanks for the link I hadnt seen that forum before! Like it! Had been on bike and bivi, which seems to be down currently

A basic question though, how do I register on there? I think I must be doing really bad man-looking. But in the iPhone I couldn’t see a link to register. Only log in…

ianfitz

Thanks MG. it is fairly obvious now you point it out.

As I feared, bad man-looking

ianfitz

An just back from last nights outing.

Got the train to bamford rode out round ladybower then up the moscar/grindle clough path to bivi near hurking stones. It was pretty windy but I’d kicked out a space under the tarp and built up a small snow wall on the windy side and also the bottom of the tarp too. So it was nice a sheltered, had a good nights sleep. Must have been pretty chilly over night as my water bottle froze completely solid. Had to melt snow for my morning brew.

Came home via a mates house in north Sheffield. Got quite sidetracked by his open fire and some cups of tea. Great fun!

I might be able to actually achieve this in 2013. 2012 turned out to be a write of due to weather and a long hours job, but that’s about to change!

flatfish

You’ve only got 5 nights left in January though mr officer

Premier Icon composite
    Subscriber

I was hoping to do 1 a month this year. Then I broke a rib on the 2nd which has made January a non starter. Think I’ll modify my goal to be an average of one a month during 2013. πŸ™‚

flatfish

You could always walk somewhere.

Premier Icon composite
    Subscriber

Walking further than the corner shop hurts as well, although I maybe could have got away with it this weekend. Hoping to be riding again in a few weeks so I think I’ll just wait until its fully better, than risk aggravating it.

flatfish

Fair enough

ianfitz

I managed, by the skin of my teeth, to get out in February. On thursday night suddenly realised that it was march the next day.

Headed out to the ox stones. I usually like to plan a bit so felt quite strange to be suddenly there.
    Cloudier than it had been and surprisingly mild. Felt like spring is on the way!

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘2013 bivi a month challenge’ is closed to new replies.