Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • 2012 Revelation RL from Merlin
  • honourablegeorge

Anyone bought these? Are they the Motion Control DNA ones, or a less-fancy damper?

daveagiles
    Free Member

They are the DNA versions, the only difference from the RLT is the need to use an Allen Key to adjust the floodgate.

If you use Topcashback you will get another 5.15% off as well.

tony24
    Free Member

I got the rlt from there on offer they have the new dna damper

balfa
    Free Member

I have a pair of both the 2011 RL and RLTs. I think they are the same for 2012. Both forks are the same for with the exception of the adjuster on the damping side. The RLT has an indexed compression adjustment and tool free floodgate adjuster. The RL’s compression adjuster is not indexed and the the floodgate adjuster requires an allen key.

In use they are identical and I’d just get the RLs if they were cheaper.

honourablegeorge

Cool, just ordered.

Had a set of 2011 RLT Ti on order form Germany, but they’re out of stock.

Think I’d prefer fewer adjustments, less to go wrong.

Trekster

is it possible to reduce the travel on these forks to 130?

nmdbase
    Free Member

yep

willv

whats the DNA damper do compared to Black Box or normal Motion Control?

honourablegeorge

Trekster – Member
    is it possible to reduce the travel on these forks to 130?

130/140/150 according to the RS site, and when I spoke to Merlin, they confirmed that they came with spacers. (No shock pump, mind)

phiiiiil

The RL’s compression adjuster is not indexed and the the floodgate adjuster requires an allen key.

I’ve just bought some RLs from Merlin and the compression adjuster is indexed with three (I think?) stops…?

balfa
    Free Member

I’ve just bought some RLs from Merlin and the compression adjuster is indexed with three (I think?) stops…?

I guess they have changed it this year or mine simply doesn’t work! My RLT has many indexed stops whereas my RL has none whatsoever. I don’t think it makes much difference though.

Whyte1
    Free Member

Mine have arrived and dropped to 130mm no problem at all , i did it myself and a very easy job it was to as all you need is on redtube sorry i ment youtube

Simon

I ordered some RLs last weekend for the bargain price of £267.26
    Arrived on Tuesday, came with two 10mm plastic spacers and have the DNA dampeer.
    I wanted 20mm Maxle but I’m sure I won’t notice any difference, just meant I had to get some Pro II hub adaptors.

fabd505
    Free Member

Hi, I contacted merlin, they said that 2012 rev could be lowered to 120mm. SO why sram website stated only 130/140/150 travel on rev? Does it actually means that they only sell on those travels only?

steve520
    Free Member

ive got a set of 2012 rlt’s and rl’s from merlin and run my rlt’s at 120mm they are fine you just need 30mm of spaces if you only have 2 20mm spaces cut 1 in half. steve

blahblahblah
    Free Member

With my 2011 Rev RLT Ti’s I got 2 x 20mm 1 x 10mm spacers. That gave me the option of 100/110/120/130/140/150mm of travel. Mechanically there is nothing to prevent you from reducing the travel as much as you wish. You just need to lay your hands on the appropriate spacers. 🙂

fabd505
    Free Member

Thanks mates! Steve, did you got the spacers along with the fork from merlin?

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘2012 Revelation RL from Merlin’ is closed to new replies.