Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)
  • 2012 olympics tickets – quick poll
  • flebby
    Free Member

so, who on here has applied and what have you applied for.

just being nosy.

SaxonRider

Nada. Don’t care, as it’s on TV. Never, ever, ever could understand why London wanted the Olympics.

the-muffin-man

Nope, not applied for any tickets – I’ll watch it on telly.

ahwiles
    Free Member

have you seen the price of the tickets?

😯

(would love to watch the bmx finals, but don’t have any spare gold bars lying around)

edit: and i’m only worried about me, as nickf points out; imagine taking a family of 4…

nickf
    Free Member

Prices are just mental – can’t afford to take the family to anthing I want to watch. S’pose I could go to the first heats of something obscure, but why bother?

thebunk

ahwiles, where can I buy gold bars for 20 quid?! Have applied for:

Canoeing, BMX, Mountain Bikes, Atheletics and the closing ceremony. About 8 sessions (and probably 16 discipline finals). I don’t even like canoeing but am really excited by the whole thing!

Assuming we get everything we applied for, it’ll be around £400 for two of us. It’s a lot of money sure, but not a mad obscene amount for a once in a lifetime thing.

trailmonkey

If I’m ever going to see the Olympics in my lifetime, in won’t be in the rain, in London, or anywhere else where it will be prohibitively expensive to buy tickets.

higgo
    Free Member

Not me.
    I’m not from London and don’t much fancy being blown up.

yunki
    Free Member

none for me either.. I’m not from London and don’t much fancy the possibility of bumping into elfinsafety..

chewkw
    Free Member

Nope. Watch them on telly … 😆

ahwiles
    Free Member

£20 for a ‘D’ ticket?

and how much do you think i’ll see with a ‘D’ ticket?

chewkw
    Free Member

Tickets are meant for tourists.

😆

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I’m not from London and don’t much fancy the possibility of bumping into elfinsafety..

You’d have to pay many, many times more for that privilege…

chewkw
    Free Member

Elfinsafety – Member

I’m not from London and don’t much fancy the possibility of bumping into elfinsafety..

You’d have to pay many, many times more for that privilege…

Someone wants to bump Elfinsafety … 😆

beej

Applied for 3 track cycling sessions and the BMX finals. I’m not holding out much hope of getting anything though.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I have it on good authority certain local organisations will be getting some freebies, so I’m holding out for those. Useful to know people working for Newham Council’s Olympic Junket team… 😉

TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

Since the Olympic legacy will probably be my footie team being put out of business I won’t be buying any

bensales
    Free Member

I was going to get some for the cycling track sessions, but I don’t have a Visa credit card, and I refuse to use my Visa debit card for any online transactions.

molgrips
    Free Member

£20 for a ‘D’ ticket?

and how much do you think i’ll see with a ‘D’ ticket?

In a modern stadium, everything probably. In the Millennium Stadium for example almost every seat is good. I’d have thought at track cycling it’d be pretty easy to see everything.

I hope to be going but I haven’t booked tickets yet.

john_drummer
    Free Member

never even watch it on the telly so why would I pay silly prices to go to that London?

djc1245
    Free Member

Have applied for 4 mtb and two track cycling tickets. Didn’t want to apply for too many in case i got them all, then it would cost me a small fortune, might go and watch the road race

hh45
    Free Member

Mens MTb and two sessions on Velodrome. Max outlay (3 tickets for each) is £500 or £167 each for c 9 hours entertainment, once in a lifetime etc. I’ll also ride down to Surrey to watch the roadies for free.

Someone I know has applied for £9,000’s worth but he is a bit sport mad. He goes to every England footie game and went to SA for a month to watch last footie world cup. I live 2 miles from the Olympic Park, love cycling and have never been in a velodrome. I can watch stuff on telly any time.

some people here do have a miserable attitude but then we know that already.

restless
    Free Member

i have applied for the opening ceremony and the first swimming event, the following day, as this has the ‘kids pay their age’ price band too.
    i don’t normally watch sporting events, but thought it would be a good experience for the kids.
    i don’t live anywhere near london either, so would have to find somewhere to stay over too, which would probably cost more than the tickets.

donsimon
    Free Member

I’m due to start queueing for the Madrid 2016 tickets next week, I should be the first. TV for me, much better coverage and without a VIP pass why would I want to mix with the commoners?

terrahawk
    Free Member

i don’t live anywhere near london either, so would have to find somewhere to stay over too, which would probably cost more than the tickets

just imagine how much a tank of petrol will cost by summer 2012 too…3 quid a litre? 4 quid? 7 quid?
    who knows.

nickb

I’ve applied for a pretty broad selection of events (athletics, track cycling, mountain biking, tennis, rowing), but the tickets are rumoured to be 10x oversubscribed, so I’m not expecting to get too much! However, as said above, it’s a once in a lifetime thing, so happy to spend a couple of hundred quid or so on seeing some of it live, and watching lots more on the TV.

One of the road cycling events almost passes my house (I could probably see it from my sons bedroom window), so I think we’ll make the effort to walk over to the local park* for that one!

*Bushy Park, if you’re interested!

Zoolander
    Free Member

Men’s mtb and will try for something in the velodrome although dont fancy my chances on that. Will watch the road ride as a freebie as well

NikNak7890
    Free Member

The time trial passes my mate’s house, so we’ll probably have BBQ and beers whilst watching it then ride home.

retro83
    Free Member

Mountain biking and BMX.

loddrik
    Free Member

Unless Liverpool (FC) are taking part, the Olympics are of absolutely no interest whatsoever…

Weasel
    Free Member

As quoted earlier my credit card isn’t Visa, and I’m not put tickets on my Visa debit card, and it would only have been for the mountain biking.

I’d add that a lot of people I know didn’t want the Olympics and to be paying for the ‘privilege’ via their council tax here in London.

16stonepig
    Free Member

Grumble grumble. Bush of miseries…

I’ve applied for mens MTBing. Might think about some velodrome stuff as well.

I’m also going to be riding down to Box Hill for the roadies.

FuzzyWuzzy

I’ve applied for 4 track tickets (team pursuit finals session) and 4 BMX finals (nephew wants to go and I figured good chance of seeing some crashes…). Came to £900 🙁 but assuming I probably won’t get any of them allocated. Chances are I’ll just go down to watch the road race for free. It’s a rip-off but also a once-in-a-lifetime thing so I figured I may as well.

flebby
    Free Member

interesting….
    i dont really see the attraction with the opening/closing ceremony and also find it a cheek that they charge for it. its not sport so it should be free.

yes i think we have established that its cheaper to stay home and watch it on TV, and this is what i had planned to do….but the MTB’ing is just down the road so applied for that (both Sat and Sunday, BTW whats everyone elses problem with going to watch the ladies ride? Its just as good if not better ;))

Also then decided to request a couple of the track sessions too, seems kind of strange to commute past the place every day but never actually go in!

Other than that i’ve gone for one of the badminton sessions, only one ticket mind you, as i dont know anyone who would want to go with me lol 🙁

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

We’ve applied for some velodrome events and the BMX finals.

I’ll be chuffed if I get any, but I’d rather not miss it if possible, we’ll never get the chance again!

And I can’t see why you wouldn’t apply with a Visa debit card, what’s the problem???

Flaperon

Not applied – mainly on principle of only being allowed to use Visa to pay. I have Visa cards, but think this is an appalling precedent to set.

finbar
    Free Member

OPening ceremony and 100m sprint final day. Nosebleed seats for both, they’re not so expensive (£50 and £25 iirc).

molgrips
    Free Member

never even watch it on the telly so why would I pay silly prices to go to that London bother commenting on this thread?

Good question, I don’t know.

clubber
    Free Member

Miserable feckers 🙄

I’ll be applying, just haven’t decided what for yet – probably track cycling, road racing, rowing and something random. I think it’ll be great.

Rich_s

Miserable feckers

I think it’ll be great.

Hear hear!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘2012 olympics tickets – quick poll’ is closed to new replies.