Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • 2012 Lapierre with Pendbox.
  • LoCo
    Free Member

From a Twitter post earlier, maybe of interest

http://www.velovert.com/information/3961/lapierre-2012-toutes-les-nouveautes-

explaination of the system on the DH bike from last year:

http://www.pinkbike.com/video/145630

chakaping
    Free Member

Looks nice.

This pic caught my attention more though. I’m off to France tomorrow and I’m going to pull this face at every opportunity…

backhander
    Free Member

Glad I didn’t buy a 2011 lapierre now.

LoCo
    Free Member

chakaping, needs the beard for full effect 😉

chakaping
    Free Member

I haven’t shaved for a few days and I ain’t packing no razors.

slowrider
    Free Member

interesting, i wonder if its so they can expand into america without the horst link issues? im sure its a good design all the same

on the zesty pic, why does it have a ‘strut’ between the shock and the linkage? the shock mount on the down tube could easily be moved backwards. is there a performance reason? loco? 😛

hopefully i’ll avoid any marketing telling me why my 2011 714 is now inadequate…

chakaping
    Free Member

Is my French worse than I thought or does the article say that the Zesty and the Spicy are not changing much and this X-Flow is a new 120mm platform?

Rickos
    Free Member

interesting, i wonder if its so they can expand into america without the horst link issues?

I think Specialized’s patent on the Horst link runs out next year. Maybe 2013, but defo soon enough.

timmys

There’s a bit of info in the MBR that landed on my doormat this morning. Summary;

– New “X-flow” 120mm bike using pendbox tech from DH bike.

– Spicy and Zesty get new evolution of OST suspension design called OST+.

– New OST+ front triangle on Zesty and Spicy is the same layout/geo which allows swapping between 140 & 160mm travel with use of different shock/shuttle.

– Zesty and Spicy 1 deg slacker head angle, 15 mm shorter chainstays & ~10 mm lower BB

– Spicy; all models 142mm rear end and traditional BB.

– Zesty; all models 135mm QR rear and push-fit BB.

GaryLake
    Free Member

Is my French worse than I thought or does the article say that the Zesty and the Spicy are not changing much and this X-Flow is a new 120mm platform?

Google Translate suggests that you are correct. Expect the X-Control will be race only, no marathon spec. OST platform does the business, no need to change it.

slowrider
    Free Member

– New OST+ front triangle on Zesty and Spicy is the same layout/geo which allows swapping between 140 & 160mm travel with use of different shock/shuttle.

great idea, bugger.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘2012 Lapierre with Pendbox.’ is closed to new replies.