Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • 2012 Commencal meta 5.5 ?? yay or nay ??
  • stennah
    Free Member

Hi many thanks for reading this I have a chance to buy a 2012 Commencal Meta 5.5 but was hoping for some guidance from my fellow singletrackers
    1.has anyone got one if so are they any good ?
    2.would it be ok with a 130mm or 140mm fork ?
    3.do you know the lottery numbers for tonight ?

cheers ,Mark

dmorts

I have a 2010 frame which I think will be pretty much the same as 2012. I have 150mm forks on it now, previously had 140mm. I think 130mm would too short though.

Cracking/failure due to manufacturing fault was 2009 bikes and previous.

It climbs well but it’s on the downs where it excels. The rear suspension feels bottomless.

I suppose it depends on what price you’re being offered it at?

wolfenstein
    Free Member

tried one from someone I know
    1) heavy
    2)140mm
    3)A 05 17 25 37 44 58

dmorts

I agree it is on the heavy side, but it depends what you want it for. As a trail bike it’s fine a lot of fun*

*edit

stennah
    Free Member

cheers everyone most helpful ,Wolfenstein they aren’t the numbers cos I have 2 of them on my line !! It is immaculate and the seller wants £250 good deal or not ??

dmorts

For an entire bike?? Or the frame?

stennah
    Free Member

just the frame

dmorts

What shock and what dropouts does it come with at the rear? Also it is coming with a headset?

Thru-axle dropouts are best, but if QR you can swap for a 10mm axle to stiffen it up.

stennah
    Free Member

Its standard qr rear end which is ok for me the wheelset I have is qr and it comes with a fox rp23 boost valve shock I have always had hardtails just want a change from my Evil Sovereign

dmorts

I think the bike would be a good choice, but going by eBay completed listing prices, might want to get the price down a bit

stennah
    Free Member

I am getting a bit pizzed off looking just happy to sort one out although a stumpjumper has got my attention

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘2012 Commencal meta 5.5 ?? yay or nay ??’ is closed to new replies.