Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • 2012 Boxxer RC Fork any one ride one of these or similar
  • Jeffus
    Free Member

As per the title are they Ok for my first DH bike will they save me and compensate for lack of skill 😀

Joking aside are they pretty bullet proof , easy to service etc

Northwind

I’ve got R2C2s, but it’s the same chassis, just different damping. The RC/Race is still a very nice fork, no question that they’ll do the job. Durable (though not bulletproof, tbh nothing is immune to downhill!), easy to look after (no harder than any other Rockshox fork). This year’s RC2 is way better than my old Teams and they were only a few years old.

If you can stretch to an R2C2 I reckon it’s worth it- though the flipside of that is that the extra adjustment can be a bit much if you’re not used to it. Buying used, it doesn’t always add much to the price.

gmex619
    Free Member

Boxxer RC is the bottom end fork.

I’ve ridden one, adjustments are basic but if you don’t mind changing every intricate little detail of it’s travel and stuff it’s a good fork.

Pretty stiff but just flexy enough for it to feel right.

Plus 2nd hand they’re £300ish on Pinkbike which is always a winner.

bwaarp
    Free Member

Plus there are at least three companies doing replacement damper cartridges including fast suspension, avalanche and CR1 engineering. So when you have the money, just upgrade to some really awesome internals.

slinkybike
    Free Member

Good fork there were some hiccups with the early 35mm boxers but being coil with a basic damper system you can’t go wroung.

The trick to modern boxxers and all rock shock forks is regular lower services.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘2012 Boxxer RC Fork any one ride one of these or similar’ is closed to new replies.