2012 Bionicon Edison – Medium

Home Forum Classifieds – For Sale 2012 Bionicon Edison – Medium

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • 2012 Bionicon Edison – Medium
  • andyrm

Hi there, I’m selling my Bionicon Edison in Medium, ideal for riders from around 5’7″ to 5’11”

It’s in fantastic condition, is under 18 months old and is only being sold to make way for a new team bike to race on this season. It’s been cost no object serviced and maintained, comes with receipts and is still within warranty.

The Bionicon Edison is a 140mm travel frame with 160mm fork, linked by a slave air system to allow “on the fly” travel and geometry adjustment, from super slack for downhill, to super steep for sharp, steep climbs. It’s infinitely variable within those ranges too.

You can see more of how the system works here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcVXz8U6UWY&list=UUYwcorM4ramfvShvPNVNWAw&index=25

This bike has been setup for Enduro/AM use, and despite being a 6″ bike set up to hammer all day, still weighs just under 30lbs with a dropper post. It runs 1×10 and comes with monster 4 pot brakes – this is a fantastic bike to make your move in the rapidly growing world of Enduro!

Full specification below:

Bionicon Edison hydroformed aluminium framekit (140mm travel)
    Bionicon G2 2012 Doubleagent fork (80-160mm variable travel, Gravilube lubrication ports for easy maintenance, upgraded cartridge & damper unit, 15mm bolt through axle)
    X-Fusion PVA rear shock with platform damping switch (140mm travel)
    Custom built Superstar Switch Evo/Alex Rims Supra 30 wheelset with Sapim Race spokes. 15mm bolt through front, 10mm bolt through rear, set up tubeless)
    Maxxis Ikon 2.2 rear tyre (tubeless)
    Specialized Butcher Control 2.3 front tyre (tubeless)
    Superstar Flatland 780 12mm rise bar, cut to 711mm
    KS Racing i7 dropper post with remote
    Superstar Signature saddle
    Shimano Zee 4 pot brakes
    Superstar 203mm floating rotors
    Truvativ Descendant chainset (165mm cranks, 36t chainring)
    Shimano Zee rear mech (clutch type)
    Shimano XT shifter
    Shimano SLX cassette (11-36, 10 speed)
    Superstar Plasma chain device

As you’d expect, the bike has a few little cosmetic scratches from, but is in excellent condition with no serious marks. Hubs and BB have just had new bearings fitted, new shock bushes just fitted too and the fork has just been serviced.

The dropper post is likely to need new bushes soon as there’s a little bit more play in the saddle nose than when it was new, but I understand these are very cheap to get.

New cables throughout and Middleburn oilers fitted to the lines to make maintenance easy.

I can also throw in some brand new spare hub bearings and shock bushes to the lucky winner, as well as a pair of Maxxis Minion DHF tyres, which are only 10 rides old.

This is an absolute monster of a bike, really fast machine and capable of anything the UK can throw at it, including big trail rides, trail centres, uplift days and racing.

Cost around £3k to build, looking for £1100 or a sensible offer.

Collection from Bristol – or delivery within a 50 mile radius may be arranged at a cost to be agreed.

Any questions, get in touch!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘2012 Bionicon Edison – Medium’ is closed to new replies.