Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • 2011 specialized enduro expert shox size
  • rhysw
    Free Member

Has anyone had any experience in changing there air shox on the new shape enduro, to a coil one?
    I’ve been told you can’t fit a cane creek, Bos etc due to funny sizing on the frame mount, and that you have to get your shox via Specialized because there the only ones who make the correct size.
    Anyone be able to shed any light on this ?

Cheers

orangeboy
    Free Member

I looked into doing this for a friend of mine. And after much hunting and phone calls came up with nothing except what you already know. Sorry

The enduro uses an odd fitting on the shock and a custom stroke length
    Spesh did have the bits in stock the other week when lbs asked them

rhysw
    Free Member

Thanks mate. I know specialized stock the shox’s, but I think you can only get Fox and x fusion off them. I fancied a CCDB or Bos stoy.

MussEd
    Free Member

I think CCDBs can be custom made to any length so you could do that? Obv you will need to go direct to cane creek and this will be pricey but there you are. I got my RP23 pushed by TFT at £140 for what is now a great shock..you can choose a workshop date to suit you to go without riding(ie if you’re working or away from home), highly recommended..,

rhysw
    Free Member

I don’t think it’s the length, it’s the width of the shox where it mounts onto the frame. The cane creek is to wide so it’s no good. I’ve heard of people having custom mounts made but they’ve all failed. Push tuning maybe the way I’ll have to go

mrplow
    Free Member

http://forums.mtbr.com/specialized/vikingboys-specialized-enduro-build-thread-682434-3.html#post7714839

Vikingboy put a CCDB on his – TFT helped make it work. He posts on here.

rhysw
    Free Member

Cheers for that, but it was TFT that told me they don’t adapt the mounts anymore because they’ve all failed in some way or another

Tracey

Some 2013 Enduros are going to be fitted with Cane Creek so you should be able to get one then

porter_jamie

i am making an adaptor for a 2011 stumpy so i can fit a standard style shock at the moment. i can look at making you new billet side pieces that are compatible with a ccdb if you like

rhysw
    Free Member

Hi Jamie

What’s the situation with the shox billet side pieces? Do the original Specialized ones have some sort of groove in them which the shox slots into to prevent the shox from twisting or having any lateral movement?
    I’ve heard of people making them and having issues with them failing and not keeping the shox stright and tight.
    I’m interested but I have no idea of sizes and it all seems a like hard work.
    What’s your back ground, are you an engineer or something.

Tracey, that bike looks mint but I think it’s a custom frame for a team rider. Also the 2013 frames are different than my 2011 frame

Cheers

Rhys

porter_jamie

email me, it’s in the profile.

Tracey

Its the S works carbon frame. Mounts and linkages dont look much different than mine

rhysw
    Free Member

If you look at the frames with a rp23 shox, they’ve mounted the shox the other way around from yours and mine

porter_jamie

rhysw, if you email me, i will show you what i have already done.

Tracey

Mine is a RP23 mounted as Specialized mounted it. Kevins is a RP2 both mounted the same as the CCDB

Speak to Specialized UK if you want a coil shock, Kevin did. The Evo Enduro coil shocks will fit with no mods and were cheaper than enywhere else

rhysw
    Free Member

Jamie, I’ll email you tomorrow my phone is playing up.

I’ve spoke to specialized and they want £450 for the EVO kit and a dhx rc2 shox. This seems a lot for that shox. The 2013 enduro with a rp23 shox is fitted different than yours. Only a shox with a piggyback res is fitted the other way on the older ones

rhysw
    Free Member

Jamie YGM

twelveski
    Free Member

I got a 215 x 2.25 DHX5 to fit.
    Had the shaft end machined to fit into the linkage at a local engineers for £10 and then fitted a spacer behind the bumper to reduce the stroke to 2.125
    It has totally transformed the ride and is definitely worth the extra weight.

porter_jamie

Rhysw – nothing yet.

rhysw
    Free Member

Oh do you want to send the info to me? RhyswheelerATliveDOTcoDOTuk

Cheers

rhysw
    Free Member

Jamie, did you get my email?

porter_jamie

ygm

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘2011 specialized enduro expert shox size’ is closed to new replies.