Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • 2011 Fox 36's – service already???
  • jamescoulson
    Free Member

My Fox 36 Vans are only a couple of months old. They get ridden a couple of times a week and have done a fortnight in the Alps. I changed the spring earlier for a lighter one and the old one was fairly gunky – no free oil in there, just the thick looking stuff stuck to the old spring. Surely they can’t need a service already?? Even with Loco, the thick end of a hundred sheets (incl p&p) every couple of months is pretty high running costs! I’ve looked online and can'[t find a decent service guide for the 2011 36’s with FIT cartridge otherwise I’d prob have a crack myself…

Any thoughts??

Klunk
    Free Member

fit cartridge service here under service::forks::Cartridge Service 36/40 mm FIT

or 2011 36 mm FIT RLC Cartridge Service

looks like a lot of custom tools required though.

I do an oil change & seal service on my 2007 32 talas yearly (2 sets of forks). But If they start to leak slightly I lift the seals and run them over electral tape stuck to the stantion and they are good to go.

SBrock
    Free Member

o great I have just ordered some 2011 36 Van Kashimas!

ianpinder
    Free Member

my 2011 forks came with little too no oil in, the first thing i do with new fork forks, is strip the down and put the recommended amount of oil in them

igm

I got a free service on my 2011 36 Talas RLC Kashimas because the air spring side seal had blown up by an 1/8″.

Check those seals boys (apparently the rebound damping is suspect on the R’s too; hopefully not on the RLCs)

SBrock
    Free Member

I cant believe that if your paying £850 for a fork you have to strip it down to put the right amounnt of oil in!

SBrock
    Free Member

i have ordered the RC2s

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘2011 Fox 36's – service already???’ is closed to new replies.