Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • 2010 roval traverse al wheels any good?
  • pinder318
    Free Member

Seen these listed for less than £200 new at evanscycles. im 90kg or 14 stone ride mostly trail centers no big jumps still a bit of a pussy wandering has anyone got any experience or problems just lookin for cheap lightish wheels and ive got vouchers for evans. thanks in advance

mboy
    Free Member

I’ve got the EL version with the DT hubs. Great wheels, stronger than they look, light, pretty durable and run tubeless easily. Silly cheap too from Evans whilst they had stock.

Not so sure for you at 90kg (I’m about 76-78 fully clothed) but I’d say they’re fine as long as you’re not planning on racing DH on them, or doing any extreme freeride. I did worry cos of the spoke count they might feel a bit flimsy, but nothing of the sort.

pinder318
    Free Member

Thats pretty mmuch what i wanted to here thanks

Northwind

I’ve got 2 sets of ELs, they’re fantastic. But I think the AL is a fairly different wheelset?

mboy
    Free Member

The AL and EL are pretty much the same except for the hubs and the spokes. The hubs don’t have DT240S internals on the AL’s where they do on the EL’s, and the spokes aren’t triple butted on the AL’s where they are on the EL’s.

The AL’s are marginally heavier, and don’t have as nice hubs, but they use the same rims and are still a pretty light wheelset for their intended use.

althepal

Have the on my 575 and they survived quite a few decent landings at gt freeride park at the weekend..
    Dropped from the box no probs..

moniex
    Free Member

The AL and EL are pretty much the same except for the hubs and the spokes.

I may be a girl, but they sound pretty different then!?!

I have 2 sets of the EL ones and they are great, hubs seem to engage quickly and wheels are lovely and light. Survived few alps trips, but I am not very heavy (although I do not own scales as we could never agree on how much I weigh) and I am a wuss.

great wheels, get some but maybe try and get the EL ones?

mboy
    Free Member

OK, I’ll rephrase it…

They are pretty much the same except for the hub internals, and the use of normal butted spokes not triple butted. Externally, aside from different stickers, they are visually almost identical. In use, the DT240S hub internals have the legendary reliability of DT and the triple butted spokes are a very small amount lighter than the normal butted spokes. So not really a huge amount of difference.

geetee1972
    Free Member

They are pretty strong vertically, but they flex in turns and through rough terrain. I ran a pair for about 18 months but couldn’t stomach the flex in the end. It was pretty disconcerting but the wheels never collapsed on me and I am a very heavy rider, both literally and metaphorically (a lot heavier than 90kg).

pinder318
    Free Member

Looks like its worth lookin for the el. but thanks for all the replys.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘2010 roval traverse al wheels any good?’ is closed to new replies.