Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • 2010 Rev Teams – MoCo not working
  • hamishthecat
    Free Member

Just bought these S/H (not off here) – 150mm dual air, not U-turn.

Seller says they have just had an ‘oil service’ and they do seem to have clean oil throughout.

The issue is that turning MoCo on and off makes no difference and adjusting floodgate doesn’t do anything either. The air side works fine and rebound adjustment works fine.

Any ideas please? I’ve had the MoCo unit out, and the adjustment all works fine.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

not enough oil is my guess

hamishthecat
    Free Member

not enough oil is my guess

That sounds logical. Without pouring it all out and refilling with prescribed amount is there an easy way of telling? Should it brim when you put the MoCo unit in?

rob-jackson
    Free Member

no idea on them sorry

bails

Low oil would be my guess too.

Remove the moco unit using a big (24mm?) socket.

Pour the oil out into a jug.

Have you got enough? If not then that’s probably the issue.

Then get the right amount of oil and pour it in, then replace the damper unit.

It’s a 2 minute job (assuming the forks aren’t fitted to the frame yet).

Otherwise (and this is tricky to describe) make sure the lever and ‘the paddle type thing that closes the damper’ are lined up correctly. So the damper really is moving from fully closed->partially open->fully open when you rotate the lever on top of the damper unit.

I sold some Rebas once and during a DIY service the bloke I’d sold them to managed to bork them up so the lever and the ‘gubbins’ were out of sync. Because the lever only rotates through about 200-250 degrees and the lever wasn’t lined up right he was turning the lever from Closed to Open, but the damper was only moving from partially closed to slightly less closed.

Like I said, it’s hard to describe, but rotate the lever while looking at the bottom of the damper unit and it shoul dbe obvious when the holes go from uncovered (open) to partially covered to completely covered (locked).

hamishthecat
    Free Member

Otherwise (and this is tricky to describe) make sure the lever and ‘the paddle type thing that closes the damper’ are lined up correctly. So the damper really is moving from fully closed->partially open->fully open when you rotate the lever on top of the damper unit.

I understand you – checked that already and it’s fine. I’ll do as you suggest with the oil. PITA as it is already on the bike…

Thanks for the advice gents.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘2010 Rev Teams – MoCo not working’ is closed to new replies.