• This topic has 13 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by jedi.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • 200mm eye to eye air shocks
  • jedi

i have a dhx air. what others do you recommend?

mboy
    Free Member

Almost anything else to be quite honest. The DHX Air on my Reign X is the biggest let down about the bike, and others I’ve ridden have all blown through their midstroke too.

I know a few people on MTBR forums swapped their DHX Air’s to RP23’s on their Reign X’s and improved things drastically. Keen to try it myself, but funds won’t allow!

stevey
    Free Member

Ive got the Marzocchi Roco Air TST with piggy back, its 215.5mm but a mate has the 200mm version which he loves.

Easy to set up and as plush or hard as you like. The only thing is my is that there is no lock-out on my model. Pedal bob is minimal but I am considering changing to either another roco air or going across to fox.

jedi

hmmm never thought of rocco’s

LoCo
    Free Member

RP23, Monarch Plus or new BOS Unit.

Hairychested
    Free Member

I had a Vanilla RLC back in the days of Hecklering.

jedi

i cant decide wether to go back to coil or explore air shocks more

smogmonster

DHX…the worst shock ive ever used. Either rock hard and virtually no action, or soggy as slap in the face with a kipper. Get and RP23 and have a better ride.

Kryton57

Careful though – I had an RP23 200 x 57 Boost Valve and experienced all the issues youo described with the DHX.

Now running a Pushed Van R. Sweet it is…..

Better performance, less shock pumping and the weight isnt as noticable as some people would have you think – in fact not noticeable at all.

the_lecht_rocks

monarch rt3 – sooooooooperb, seriously !

the_lecht_rocks

oh…… is it x 51 or x57mm ?

retro83
    Free Member

New Monarchs are meant to be good, not seen them for sale in the UK yet though.

I like DHX air shock personally. To firm it up just add more air to the Boost Valve, to make it ramp up more fit a small air can. Easy peasy.

easygirl

I’ve got a monarch rt3 200x 57 for sale, the new 2011 model
    £150
    it’s as new, 6 months old, much better than rp23 or dhx
    Medium tune high volume can
    Selling my frame and new one wont fit
    Worth a try

jedi

i’m thinking maybe bos shock

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘200mm eye to eye air shocks’ is closed to new replies.