• This topic has 47 replies, 21 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by pipiom.
Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • 200mm existing rotors to 180 or 203 please??
  • beicmynydd
    Free Member

Remember about the speed sensor on the rear due to the thicker disk flange you may need to
    Modify, emtb forum would have the answer.

cookeaa

How did 203 ever become a thing…. everything else disc wise is in 10mm increments. Did someone at Mountain Bike Standards Towers have a bad day?

Imperial innit 8″ almost on the button. You probably don’t remember the olden days but Hayes were a bit bigger in the earliest days of discs on MTBs and being Mercian they liked to work in imperial units (Avid did too). IIRC at one point 152mm (6″) rotors were actually a thing.

Hope have sold both imperial and metric rotors and adaptors and Shimano flog both 200 and 203mm adaptors for their brakes still.

I remember having Shimano brakes with the front using an Avid 203 boxer mount (also used to be a thing) and a Hayes rotor, while the rear was using a hope 200mm (old style 5 arm bulb hub) on my DH bike. I also had an early Kona stab at one point where the rear IS mount had just been copied from a fork and was effectively +20mm by default.

Honestly it’s a piece of piss these days relative to 20 off years ago…

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

So looks like you call Hope and order up a 200mm 2.3mm thick floating rotor in orange.

looks like, yes. But they don’t make 2.3 in floating. Also, they don’t do direct sales, but that’s by the by. Maybe bad description on website but I have an email from Hannah in sales stating as much if anyone needs to see it.

pipiom
    Free Member

The saddle does a good job of keeping an ancient plumbing system functional almost into septagenarianism.

DickBarton

Have you got the rotor conundrum resolved now?

pipiom
    Free Member

Hopefully 🤞
    They’re on order, and I’ll try and post a photo if I’m successful; if not I’ll scurry back away to whence I came.

DickBarton

Good stuff, hopefully it’ll all work nicely.

pipiom
    Free Member

Thank you 🙏

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.