Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • 2009 Trek Fuel EX8………..
  • Alek
    Free Member

I have a mate who is keen to buy a Fuel EX8 approx. £1600.00 but what else for the same money would tempt him away, as I’m not a fan of Trek myself and would like to suggest a ‘better’ option.

Orange/Cannondale maybe…..

40 year old male novice, 6ft, general trail/trail centre abuse.

coatesy
    Free Member

Orange 5 definitely worth a look(Hope headset upgrade is a good idea too), but you can’t really argue with the level of kit on the EX8 for the price.

BigBoyXC
    Free Member

I have just bought a brand new Giant Trance X0 full of bling bits, 26lbs for £1600. (it arrived tonight so just putting it together)

Eggbox
    Free Member

Not sure what you mean by “better”? What do you not like about the Trek EX?

Alek
    Free Member

Never have liked the Trek bandwagon but they do seem to have ‘improved’ their range somewhat. So much so, that I’m struggling to ‘better’ it!!

Kit looks sound + frame seems trail friendly and they look the part.

BigBoyXC
    Free Member

Seriously, look for 08 bargains – Trance X0, XTR, Fox Float, RP23, Deus Race Face finishing kit, £500 Mavic Crossmax wheels, RRP £2400. Brand new from Paul’s Cycles £1600……… arrived in 2 days.

It was between this or a new EX8 for me and this is lighter, stronger with 100 x better kit.

Have a shop around. Bet you could get an 08 EX9 now for £1600.

theotherjonv

I think the EX8 is a great bike – I loved the feel of the suspension based on the test ride I had of the 9.9 at the weekend (geom and suspension is basically the same, OK it’s not full carbon XTR but equally it’s not £4200!!)

If set on the EX8, check out Pedalon – they had 08 EX8’s for about £1200 a couple of days ago. Only trouble is Trek won’t allow mail order now so you’d have to collect (Newbury / Basingstoke area)

EDIT: £1295

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘2009 Trek Fuel EX8………..’ is closed to new replies.