2008 Kona Coilair small 15.5"

Home Forum Classifieds – For Sale 2008 Kona Coilair small 15.5"

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • 2008 Kona Coilair small 15.5"
  • neil_enty

Kona Coilair 15.5″ frame. £600. Very good condition I upgraded loads of parts when I rode this as had them on another bike. I have recently upgraded the headset to an orbit xtreme and I’ve also upgraded the bottom bracket to a superstar one during the full stripdown and rebuild before selling. After completely stripping the bike down and rebuilding, lubed and serviced all the parts, the bikes had two runs round Llandgedla, really good new black run trails and this bike is awesome fun!

You will get the orignal stock items (shown in table below) plus the upgraded headset, Thompson post, bottom bracket & matching superstar white/gold lock on grips. All the stock items are in great condition.

The Kona is a great all rounder it’ll go up and blitz down. Easy to rideup down and round all the local trails Llangedla, Peaks, Rivington all great fun on this Kona. It’s be a good mega avalanche bike. I spent 5 days on it in Zermatt, Switzerland which was good fun.

Always washed, cleaned and lubed after every ride. The tyres are original with loads of life left which reflects the limited amount of riding – selling due to going more XC & racing – yeah I know 🙂

Any questions please get in touch, likewise for extra photos. Bike can be collected from either Bolton or St Helens. I’d rather not post as this puts faith in couriers and is posted at your own risk. However, I’ve got a quote via parcel monkey and it can be shipped for about £20-£30. Delivery is door to door, signed.

Full bike & what you will get below… These are very rare bikes, I’ve yet to see another out on the trails (although maybe that’s just me). When they do come up for sale they are usually the much older versions which don’t have the (6″air +1″ coil) 7 inch rear magic link, which when tweaked to your riding style really makes a great difference, really easy to set up as well.

Forgot to add that I also upgraded the front mech for an SLX double which is included in the sale & there’s an XTR cable in there as well. Also, at the moment I can’t find the original handlebars so you’ll get the Easton Havoc DH bars that I upgraded (just shy of £60 from Chain reaction cycles).

Oh and there’s new pads front and rear in the disk breaks. They are spot on and don’t need bleeding…
    Oh and there’s a (couple of rides old) XTR chain on there… which is included in the sale!

Specifications
    Frame Kona Clump 7005 Aluminium/Magic 6+1.25″ System
    Rear Shock Fox RP2 with XV sleeve
    Fork Marzocchi 55-TST2 20mm axle 160mm
    Headset UPGRADED to FSA Orbit xtreme
    Cranks FSA MOTO MegaExo
    Chainrings Rockguard /36/24
    Bottom Bracket FSA MegaExo
    Pedals SORRY, NOT INCLUDED
    Chain Shimano HG53
    Freewheel Shimano Deore (11-34, 9spd)
    Front Derailleur Shimano Deore upgraded to SLX double
    Rear Derailleur Shimano LX
    Shifters Shimano Deore
    Handlebar Kona DH Aluminium Riser
    Stem Kona XC/BC
    Grips UPGRADED to superstar lock on white/gold
    Brakes Hayes Stroker Trail Hydraulic V7
    Brake Levers Hayes Stroker Trail Hydraulic
    Front Hub KK Disc 20mm
    Rear Hub Shimano M525 Disc
    Spokes Stainless 14g
    Tyres Maxxis Advantage 26 x 2.4
    Rims Sun EQ 2.7SL
    Saddle WTB Pure V Sport
    Seatpost UPGRADED to Thompson elite 450mm
    Seat Clamp Kona QR

[/url]

gregbooth

I’m guessing this bikes sold? If not let me know 🙂

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘2008 Kona Coilair small 15.5"’ is closed to new replies.