Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • 2006 Yeti 575 – rear brake always needs bleeding
  • dang100
    Free Member

Hi,

I have a 2006 Yeti 575 which I’d like to fix up. It has always had a problem with the rear brake which needs bleeding after about 2 rides. One time I took it to a bike park after freshly bleeding the brakes and the rear one had gone before the end of the day.

I have tried a bigger rotor and changing the brake (from avid to Deore) and it doesn’t happen on my new bike. I’m wondering if there is a known issue with the cable routing – anyone got any ideas?

Cheers,

Dan

jota180
    Free Member

There’s air in the system
    Nothing really to do with the bike per se

Try forcing the fluid from the caliper rather than bleeding by pumping and re-filling

epicbleedsolutions
    Free Member

Squeeze the brake lever and take a good look at all of the seals and joints on the lever assembly and calliper to make sure there are no minor leaks.

As above bleed the system again to remove all air until the lever feels firm.

DezB
    Free Member

Nice bike! 🙂

Maybe something is pinching the hose and making a hole in it? Seems strange to have had it with 2 different brake systems..!

The only time I’ve had something similar a tiny hole in the hose was the problem. Not on my Yeti though.

Yak

On gravity type bleeds like shimano, I take the caliper and all the cable ties off and let it dangle in a straight line from the lever. No chance of the routing causing any places for air to hide.

dang100
    Free Member

thanks guys – I’ll have another tweak this weekend and see if i get any joy

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘2006 Yeti 575 – rear brake always needs bleeding’ is closed to new replies.