Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • 2004 enduro shock sizing.
  • neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Anyone know off the top of their head what size shock is needed for a 2004 enduro.?

GW
    Free Member

yes

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Oh good.

GW
    Free Member

hope that’s made your day.

mchlptchr
    Free Member

190mm eye to eye, 50mm stroke i think.

khani
    Free Member

It’s a really funny size, 195×44 sounds familiar, but you can run a 190×50 if you put the flipflop link in the steep position iirc, I’d ask loco off here or mojo to make sure though
    Edit it’s not 190×50 as standard, I’m sure about that.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

190X50 sounds familiar.

GW
    Free Member

it’s 6.75″ x 1.75″ for the 02-04 SX frames.

khani
    Free Member

Got it, shock i2i is 7.765″(197mm)and stroke is 1.875″(47.6mm)
    Told you it’s a funny size…

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

So a 200×50 would be about right.

mchlptchr
    Free Member

i’ll measure mine when i get home and let you know.

PJM1974
    Free Member

Khani beat me to it. I’m sure that know the eye to eye is 7.675″ – funnily enough, my Enduro is parked in the office about 15 feet away. Yep, it’s 7.675″ having just checked with my trusty office ruler.

As for the stroke length, I’ve no idea. I know it’s a nadgers under 2″ so 44.6mm would be about right.

For some reason, Spesh ordered the shocks in a very non-standard size. The only other shock that fits that I’m aware of is a custom Romic coil.

I’m sure that you could get the shock body of a 200mm shock machined down to fit.

khani
    Free Member

My mate had a stroke reducer fitted to a 200×50 by mojo, they foul if left at 50mm stroke as it gives about 7-8mm more travel giving 140ish travel at the rear wheel
    Iirc putting a 190×50 with the flipflop on steep gives the same geometry as the standard shock with the flipflop in the slack position and dosnt foul the seatube
    Phew…….

bigyinn
    Free Member

Running an RP3 200x50mm on my 2004 Enduro Pro, running the link on the slacker setting so its only about 5mm higher at the BB and isn’t really noticable.
    Im pretty sure they dont foul with either link setting though. Could be wrong tho.
    Its on a low tune, which I dont think is enough, medium would suit it better IMO.

mchlptchr
    Free Member

Just measured mine.

195 x 50 which concurs with PJM1974’s measurements.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Cheers all.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘2004 enduro shock sizing.’ is closed to new replies.