Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • 2004 A4 sport 1.9tdi – would you?
  • Mintyjim

It’s one owner, 190k miles, full service history including timing belt etc., 6 speed manual.
    £2k. I’m looking to free up some money, not tie it up in a car. I do 100 miles a day commute.
    It’s the “bombproof ” 1.9 diesel. I’m ok at doing most maintenance and repair jobs.
    Thoughts?

chilled76
    Free Member

They might be bomb proof but you are getting towards mileage where piston rings start to wear… I’d pay £1000 more and get one with half the mileage

Mintyjim

Good point, thanks, fortunately I’m not in a rush

zigzag69
    Free Member

Something Japanese, same price, half the miles?

jam-bo

Only if it’s the Quattro…

peteimpreza

Sounds a lot for a high milage car.

Audi badge adding tot he price me thinks.

Must be be far better options at the sam price tag.

duncancallum

I’d not be too bothered about that mileage if it’s been serviced properly

jackal
    Free Member

As said if it’s been properly looked after and runs well, then I would. My current mk4 golf 130 (pd engine) has just shy of 170k on it and pulls extremely well.
    Has it had a recent clutch/flywheel?

Mintyjim

I need to check on the clutch / flywheel, doing a quick check on completed listing on ebay suggests that the price is ok.

Alternative could be a similar age honda accord vtec but my high mileage commute puts me off a petrol

rickmeister

Probably the most reliable engine, no dpf….

Both me and jam Bo had the A3 tai Quattro version, if it’s fish inc belts and receipts that’s a plus and motorway miles must be kinder than city ones. If your closer it’s worth a look …. I would have another with that engine over the 2.0 or one with a dpf for sure.

thekingisdead
    Free Member

I would, but even for an Audi and the 1.9 PD £2k seems an awful lot for that mileage

stumpy01

Sounds a lot for the mileage.

Has it had the clutch/dmf done? Might be worth a look if it has.

My 03 Ibiza has the 1.9 PD TDi 130, is on 267k and runs fine. I’ve had it since 24k so put most of the miles on myself.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘2004 A4 sport 1.9tdi – would you?’ is closed to new replies.