Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • £20 note . . . and which coins?
  • Esme
    Free Member

Right then, Weight Weenies . . .

I’m packing for a day out in the Peak District. In addition to paper money, should I take any “heavy” coins?
    I’ll be calling at a teashop near the start of the ride, for coffee and either cake or a sandwich. If I hand over my £20 note, I’ll get a load of coins in the change.

So, is there a “perfect selection” of coins, which should minimise the weight I have to carry for the rest of the ride?
    (Just idly wondering, whilst I eat my porridge. If I was actually a Weight Weeny, I’d go on a diet 😳 )

jekkyl

2 five pound notes, spend up to a fiver as close as possible and then your change is minimised.

Cougar

Four fivers aren’t significantly heavier than one twenty.

“Keep the change.”

maccruiskeen

Have them put it on your tab

zilog6128

I always stick my change in the charity box when I’m on my road bike. Not so much when on MTB as I don’t really make stops that often. Therefore I conclude that roadies are better people. 😀

Peyote
    Free Member

Take a credit/debit card? You could drill holes out of it too, just make sure you don’t drill through the chip and it should be fine!

rockhopperbike

FFS

bearnecessities

How much will the coffee & cake weigh? What altitude will you receive your change? Will you be evacuating before you head off?

Much more thought is needed I’m afraid.

RustySpanner

Don’t put the 50p and 20p coins in your back pocket.
    The corners break up the airflow.

I always take a £10.00 and £5.00 note.

Fiver for tea.
    Tenner for tea AND cake.

Stoner
    Free Member

I have a tab at the pub. Proper weight-weenieism.

onandon
    Free Member

Contact less payment via mobile phone?

Peyote
    Free Member

have a tab at the pub

No pints, wine or mixers though, think of the weight savings of spirits compared to the larger volume stuff.

martinhutch

Best weight-weenie behaviour is to put all the change in the tips/charity jar.

bigyinn
    Free Member

I cant honestly believe that someone would ask this question, idle thinking or not.

miketually
    Free Member

If you put a small piece of blue tack between each coin, they don’t rattle in your pocket.

wwaswas

You could drill holes out of it too, just make sure you don’t drill through the chip and it should be fine!

apparently, there’s a bloke in London who dresses like a wizard and has embedded the chip from his oyster card into a wand which he then waves at barriers as he approaches and they magically open for him.

I so hope this is true.

pdw
    Free Member

How much will the coffee & cake weigh? What altitude will you receive your change?

Good thInking. Coffee stop at the top of a hill and ask for your change in as many coins as possible.

KonaTC

Take a £20 and tell them to keep the change Simples

wwaswas

Solution;

If you’re driving to the ride then stop at the tea shop on your way to the start, pay for the food and drink, leave change in the car return to cafe to drink/eat.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Take a £20 and don’t stop for tea, really this is the only solution 😉

FuzzyWuzzy

I generally carry 2 x £20 (taxi money) and 2 x £5 (cafe money) when out on my road bike, maybe a £10 to if planning on stopping for lunch…

AlexSimon

Fiver for tea.
    Tenner for tea AND cake.

You can’t get a cup of tea and a cake for a fiver!?

jekkyl

wwaswas – Member

apparently, there’s a bloke in London who dresses like a wizard and has embedded the chip from his oyster card into a wand which he then waves at barriers as he approaches and they magically open for him.

I so hope this is true.

[video]http://vimeo.com/27832247[/video]

http://vimeo.com/27832247

RustySpanner

AlexSimon – Member
    You can’t get a cup of tea and a cake for a fiver!?

There’s usually two of us. 🙂

Last stop at Wycoller caff was 2 posh coffees, 2 tuna butties (on a plate, with crisps and salad, la, di and indeed dah) and a couple of huuuuge cakes was about £15.00. 😀

They’ve got a sweetie shop too:

dabble
    Free Member

Urban wizard my arse, wheres the beard? or the sequins on his hat spelling out “WizZaRd”?

There was so much potential and he squandered it.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘£20 note . . . and which coins?’ is closed to new replies.