• This topic has 36 replies, 24 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by servo.
Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • 20 minutes of er, joy…
  • Kryton57

<iframe allowFullScreen=”allowfullscreen” src=”https://motorsport.tv/embed/HSnW8lX1?autoplay&#8221; width=”560″ height=”315″ frameBorder=”0″></iframe>

Kryton57

Ffs!  Just click the link

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Drac

Is that diesel one?

Kryton57

Lol.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Bloody ugly pointless thing.

Off we go!

tomhoward

For when a t shirt with ‘I’ve got a tiny cock’ in massive gold letters on the front doesn’t quite get the message across?

Sandwich

Good to see it not being ragged silly on the highway. You could almost hear it consuming polar bears and melting the ice-cap.

bikebouy
    Free Member

This is much nicer…

Start saving..

letmetalktomark

I really like it.

Drac

Nah! Sandwich that’s Jaguars job.

I do like that RS6 but I’ve always been partial to an Audi.

frankconway

I like Audis – first one was first gen A4.
    RS range have rock hard ride; great performance but don’t do anything for me.
    The Sport Quattro ^^^ is way beyond my driving skills; have seen a few of them on rally stages years ago in North Northumberland – they were great.
    Have just bought a used A8L quattro in 4.2 flavour; being prepped and hope to get it next week.

hodgynd
    Free Member

Love it..
    I will possibly never be able to afford one ..so will just have to content myself with its little brother..an A6 Allroad 3.0lV6 Diesel S-tronic (272)..
    I’m also happy with the size of my cock ..

frankconway

Oooh Er Hodgy; I’m very happy with the size of mine; are you overly sensitive?
    D4, 19000 miles for under £19k.
    Not willy waving – as you’ve chosen to read it; enjoy yours – it’s another really good car and was near the top of my list until I found the A8.

wobbliscott
    Free Member

lost its appeal to me now…not that I would ever be in a position to afford a service on one let alone own one. the best thing about the RS6 for me was that it was a stealth wagon, with only a few external visual queues for those in the know to tell them from a standard A6 Avant, apart from the badge of course. A slightly wider track, subtly flared arches, huge brakes and exhausts and that’s it. That is just a pretty grotesque monstrosity and I would be a bit embarrassed to be seen in it – just looks like you’re trying a bit too hard. Unbelievable performance though.

Poopscoop

Can it drive under parking barriers without paying?

hodgynd
    Free Member

@frankconway
    Over sensitive ?..😁
    You must be joking ..that was purely in response to a post further up the page ..
    I’ve been enjoying my car for over a year now ..it a fantastic machine which puts a smile on my face every time I drive it ..hope you get as much pleasure from yours ..

CountZero

the best thing about the RS6 for me was that it was a stealth wagon, with only a few external visual queues for those in the know to tell them from a standard A6 Avant, apart from the badge of course.

Same here, you could park one anywhere and nobody would recognise it for an insanely fast whippet-hauler.
    Audi changed their head designer several years ago, and the new direction is a lot fussier, and not as attractive to my eyes, the A5 in particular has been really spoiled, it was a perfect clean looking car, with very crisp and uncluttered lines.
    Still better-looking than any BMW on the road, though, and nicer to drive.

halifaxpete

Not a fan of most new Audis (or new cars for that matter) But I do like that, always been partial to a silly estate car. Suffers from MASSIVE GRILL-ITIS but most new stuff does TBH

frankconway

Hodgy – mine looks like a Grandad car but….isn’t.
    Many years ago my ex and I wanted something different which led us to Charlie Ware in Bath – refurbed and tuned Morris Minors; we test drove a Moggy Countryman with a ‘non-standard’ engine.
    Burning off the boy racers at the lights was an absolute delight.
    Wolf in sheep’s clothing and all that.
    Will keep my old merc E320 estate – it’s a load lugger and, in a straight line, still flies; unburstable engine but rusty bodywork persists – and costs but I love it.
    Audis are really well put together and much under-rated.

Kryton57

Still better-looking than any BMW on the road,

As a BMW fan boy I’d say that’s at least subjective, but actually for some of the Audi’s I’d agree.  Yet, as I’ve posted before, the 2017 S5 I drove looked lovely, had an interior to die for yet drove with all of the character of Phillip Hammond with a slightly annoyed Wasp as a soundtrack.  Unsurprisingly as it’s BMWs forte, I prefer to prioritise the drive over the looks albeit I very much like the look of my own car.

As above, my 320d F31 will do it’s duty very nicely for me for me for many years and is easy of an on par or exceeding the quality of an Audi.  Would I have that RS6?  Yes if someone else was paying for it,  it equally some of the older models – I don’t know the designation – look stunning in my view.

Klunk
    Free Member

I thought these things always came with tinted rear windows #disappointed

wobbliscott
    Free Member

I used to prefer the look of Audi’s but have switched to BMW’s as Audi’s have become too blingy. However in the very latest BMW models i’m starting to see some of the similar visual queues following the same or similar lines to Audi.

footflaps

Audi changed their head designer several years ago,

Kia poached him, he then redesigned the entire Kia range.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Schreyer

Edukator
    Free Member

Is that what people dream about when their reality is:

richmtb

Why does it sound like someone has thrown a spanner in the intake when it accelerates?

darthpunk
    Free Member

I don’t care about the image that Audi drivers have……..I WANT THAT RS6

)of course, it would be totally wasted on me and i’m sure an alarm would go off if I tried to get in wearing jeans and half knackered trainers, but I can dream)

Drac

Looks awful.

Glad I live in Northumberland.

globalti
    Free Member

GtiJunior keeps going on at me to buy a used high-performance Audi but I can’t bear to tell him that I couldn’t think of a bigger waste of my precious money. You would never get a chance to enjoy it, it would attract the wrong kind of attention, would cost a fortune to insure, run and service and would make me look like the cocks we see racing around our northern mill town in their feckoff German sports saloons.

Maybe once I’m retired and I’ve had a windfall, I might buy something discrete with 4WD and room inside for bikes.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Aren’t FTP tests great? 😉

mickyfinn
    Free Member

[strong]Drac[/strong] wrote:

Looks awful.
    Glad I live in Northumberland.

Aside from the Number of lanes the A1 never looks like that North of Morpeth does it?

Drac

Aside from the Number of lanes the A1 never looks like that North of Morpeth does it?

It can do but there’s many more that have no resemblance of that.

slackboy

Ever since Audi decided duping people into paying an extra £3k for s-line trim with some ridiculously large wheels and extraneous bits of bodywork was a good business model, the styling has gone a bit crazy.

I”m sure this is just age, but, for me, the whole point of the RS audi’s was to talk softly but carry a big stick.

This is what they should look like

I’d love an older one. The new ones just leave me cold.

However I do drive an Octavia VRS – which is a lower rate tax payers RS4 🙂

NZCol

^ An Octy is a very different beast to an RS4-we had both for a while.

I’ve had both the B7 and B8 RS4. I could never get on with the 6, it was a heavy difficult handling thing with an insatiable thirst ! I tried them from C6 onwards but …. no. I agree though the B5 and B7 RS4 was for me the nexus, pretty plain looking and stealth but very well put together. The love from a blown motor to the V8 ended up with the B7 being in my eyes a fantastic drivers car, esp on track. My B8 was a bit meh but still made a great noise and got along quite well.
    Sadly, I think the need for these things is over and the scary running costs do catch up with you – saying that my B8 was cost neutral over 2 years when I sold it so no regrets. I do fancy a b5 for the garage though …

hodgynd
    Free Member

@Edukator
    Just to echo Dracs sentiments ..that picture does look awful ..and I too am really glad I live in Northumberland where I can drive my Audi on this road as part of my daily commute as fast or as slow as I wish ( although I’m heading South rather than North as shown in the footage)
    I do however agree that if I had to sit in that kind of crap every day ..no way would I buy the car I have ..it just wouldn’t be any fun 😉

servo
    Free Member

servo
    Free Member

Of course, not all Audi RS6 owners are drug dealers.

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘20 minutes of er, joy…’ is closed to new replies.