Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • 2 weeks for last minute training?
  • whattyre
    Free Member

Off to the alps in two weeks….could do with losing a stone/ramping up the ok fitness…what can I do? It’s a road trip and I’m going with some handy lads..

Any tips would be ace

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

At most eat well and drink loads of water, stay off the alcohol if you can be bothered, otherwise forget about it and look forward to your holiday, it’s too late to make any significant fitness gains. You could try and lose a bit of weight but I wouldn’t go crazy with that either trying to lose a stone in two weeks would be pretty severe and may just leave you feeling tired. Have fun, it’s a holiday not a competition.

nikk
    Free Member

Cut out all booze and wheat and snacks and sugar for the 2 weeks leading up to it. Ride or do another form of exercise at least 5 days a week, for at least an hour a day. Try to get in longer low intensity rides as much as possible. Back off the exercise a few days before going away.

You may loose 1/4 of a stone. You may be a bit fitter than before. It’s not much time at all though, especially since you should be well rested before starting the holiday, not knackered and weakened through over-training and not eating.

whattyre
    Free Member

That all sounds good….I’ve got a bit of time ATM as I’m not working…so just hit the bike and eat well?

scaredypants

If you’re doing uplifts, exercise your *ahem* forearms

whattyre
    Free Member

Nah doing the main alpine climbs….only for 4 days but I don’t wanna be dropped all over the place..

scaredypants

ah, sorry, I thought you mean “road trip”, AKA “in a sweaty van”

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘2 weeks for last minute training?’ is closed to new replies.