Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • 2-season sleeping bag for a chunky wriggler
  • dove1

I’m after a decent 2-season sleeping bag for bike packing, so it has to be light and pack down small.
    However, I’m not the most svelte of people so need something wider than a standard mummy bag but don’t really want to spend more than about £120 as it will only be used half a dozen times a year at most.
    What does the hive mind recommend?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

A quilt? or a sleeping bag opened out a la quilt? I’ve an alpkit pipedream 400 that’s pretty good, canny recall how much it was, mibbe a wee bit over budget.

I like the idea of a quilt, but for the expense required, I tend to just sleep with the bag open like a quilt.

jimdubleyou

It has to be pretty cold for me to actually get in a bag these days, I normally just drape it over me.

A bit over your budget, but I have the Alpkit Cloud Nine which is pretty wide. Down, so it rolls up pretty small.

dyna-ti

What about a snugpak elite 1. They have an extra baffle so it expands out for extra width.
    https://www.snugpak.com/sleeping/softie-elite-1
    Seems to be about 70 quid retail
    https://www.militarykit.com/products/snugpak-softie-elite-1-sleeping-bag

Rated +2c to +7c
    Says size width standard is 30″, or with baffle 35″

dove1

I have used a quilt for the last 18 months or so, an Alpkit Cloud Cover. It has been good but tends to slip off as I turn quite a lot in my sleep. The Cloud Nine is an option but a bit more than I want to pay really.

The Snugpak Softie looks like it could be a good choice. There is a stockist about 10 miles away so I could easily pop over and try it. Thanks, @dyna-ti.

transporter13
    Free Member

I’m rounder than anyone on here, in the same position as you… Just taken delivery of a vango kiana xl which fits me fine being 100cm wide. 28quid on amazon and can squeeze down into a bag half the size it comes in.

duncancallum

Snugpack stuff I really like I’ve an older chrysalis and I love it

matt_outandabout

I’ve just bought a Sierra Designs Zissou. It’s wider than any other sleeping bag I’ve had, it’s got unusual twin zip design that turns it more like a quilt, plus a foot ‘escape hatch’. It’s the best night sleep I’ve had in a tent ever this summer.

Needs a wider mat.

It’s available in 20*f (-6*c) and 35f (1*c).

Small enough, light enough.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘2-season sleeping bag for a chunky wriggler’ is closed to new replies.