Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • 2 riders down in Hathersage
  • rogerthecat
    Free Member

Spotted this from Edale Mountain Rescue – anyone know them and if they’re ok?

“While fundraising in Hathersage this morning the team went to the aid of two cyclist that had been involved in a road collision. One had a fracture to his collar bone while his mate had a suspect head injury. Both casuslties were taken to NGH in separate ambulances.”

It’s at the pinch point by the chemists,

crazy-legs

I rode through there yesterday. Not a good section of road, it’s very narrow, traffic light controlled but when you get some dozy tourist dithering through and pissing off the local farmer who decides to jump the lights anyway…

Best wishes to the two riders, hope they’re both OK.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Chris, there’s no traffic lights on that bit, the lights are on the crossing opposite the bus stop, it just adds to the problem of frustrated drivers going up hill.

Had so many hear misses driving through there, would hate to do it on a bike.

jeffm
    Free Member

I’m sure they’ll love you rubbernecking and posting pictures of them online.

Spotted this from Edale Mountain Rescue

martinhutch

Which might be approaching a valid point if the pic wasn’t from Edale MRT’s facebook page rather than the OP. I’m sure they got appropriate consent.

Jamie
    Free Member

…and this is why we always read the OP, kids.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

Did they crash into each other or was a car involved

matt_outandabout

^ what Rob asked, and hope they heal quick.

thepodge
    Free Member

While fundraising in Hathersage this morning the team went to the aid of two cyclist that had been involved in a road collision. One had a fracture to his collar bone while his mate had a suspect head injury. Both casuslties were taken to NGH in separate ambulances.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

Podge that’s in the op mate, says nothing about how it happened and if a car was involved

Northwind

Says they were mates so presumably not a 2-bike crash.

hora
    Free Member

You lot are both combative and creative.

..probably a young female driver, powered by fairy dust ‘had’ to squeeze past..

MrNice
    Free Member

last time I had a near one at that point it was a bloke in a hyoooge bentley who couldn’t wait 20 seconds for the road to widen. He gave me plenty of room but the chap in a car coming the other way had very little clearance between a bentley one side and a stone wall the other.

EDIT: independent of any specific incident, it’s a bloody awful bit of road that I’m always happy to leave behind

thepodge
    Free Member

It’s “probably” any number of reasons. Could easily be descending too fast, one looses control and takes out the other

Since we all love to blame cars, horses and off road bikes how about a car swerved round a horse that had been spooked by a loud motor bike? Obviously the car was an expensive 4×4 driven by a woman, who was on the phone and lives in London who was off to waitrose instead of the local shops to fill their second home pricing out people from the village. The horse rider was one of them anti cycling lot who love to churn up bridleways and wears a polite jacket to look like the police and the motorbiker had just come from riding cheeky trails because they are more fun than legal stuff and that’s ALL been sanitised any way.

Have I missed any wild speculation and stereotyping?

Gary_C

Have I missed any wild speculation and stereotyping?

Yes.

They were taken out by an Audi S3 that was being driven too fast…

centralscrutinizer
    Free Member

I suppose it’s a given that the Audi was drien by an IT consultant and had a pair of Orange 5’s on the roof.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Its truly awful when will these deaths stop !

I blame baked beans

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘2 riders down in Hathersage’ is closed to new replies.