Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • 2 months to Mayhem – How to get fit quick?
  • FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I’m doing Mayhem as part of a 4 team, however I have been struggling to get on the bike much at all!

Last April I broke my wrist and was off the bike for 10 weeks so missed last years MM, but had got to a base level of fitness before. then in Aug/Sept last year I got Pneumonia which basically has put me off the bike until January this year.

Since then I have had numerous bouts of bad D&V or colds, which mean my fitness is still shocking. In one 3 week patch since Christmas when I wasnt ill I managed to do a 25 mile ride, but I was in bits afterwards!

The only good thing from all this illness is that I am now very slim and not carrying much lard at all.

I think I still have some base fitness there, but whats the quickest way to get fit, bearing in mind I work 5 days a week and am out of the house 6:30am to 6:30pm and also have a 2 year old son to look after!

Ta

will
    Free Member

Well the good thing is you have something to aim for.

There wont really be a quick fix, so to speak. Now the days are longer i’d suggest gettng out on teh bike as much as can. but try and get on the road to build up miles & fitness, if you don’t have a road bike, then some slicks on the MTB will be ok.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Hmm I suppose the road bike would be the quickest way to get some fitness back, and leave the mtb for fun rides which I guess would be a good thing 🙂

Just need to find some quiet lanes then… which is not easy near Bradford!

zilog6128

I started running 2 months ago – just 30 mins, 3x per week. The difference it has made to my on-bike fitness/strength has been huge.

ontor
    Free Member

just ride your mtb but instead of stopping every 10 mins for faffing/tea/iced buns/chat/zombie attack/etc just keep riding.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘2 months to Mayhem – How to get fit quick?’ is closed to new replies.