Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • 2 man bivi bags
  • slowmedown
    Free Member

Well, 1 man and 1 rather lovely lady bivi bags…

Mrs slowmedown and I are looking for a 2 person bivi bag, we can find lots of nice simple breathable bags for 1 person but none for 2, and 1 person bags will make our biviing rather less fun… Anyone seen any?

bigyinn
    Free Member

Could you not get 2 bags and zip them together using the built in zips?

druidh
    Free Member

I can't imagine it works very well. 2-person sleeping bags don't work well either – you tend to end up with a gap at the top (between the two bodies) down which cold air enters. You'd be better with a lightweight tent and that would probably be lighter as well.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    slowmedown
    Free Member

Cold not really the problem, we live in the south of France, want something for those romantic under the stars sort of nights, but will turn a thunderstorm if it HAS to, dew more often, and damp grass from below.

grantway
    Free Member

What ever floats your boat mate 😉

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

you tend to end up with a gap at the top (between the two bodies)

top tips:
    1) cuddle up
    2) rotate 90 ° so zips are at the sides 🙂

slowmedown
    Free Member

What ever floats your boat mate

You telling me that a night under the stars in beautiful places, with the woman of your dreams doesn't float yours…???! 😕

what_tyres
    Free Member

You're better off with a tarp and a groundsheet if it's gonna be warm. Make your own or buy a proper one that works with walking poles etc.

Try your local Decathlon.

audiophile
    Free Member

Try a Bothy bag instead.

epicyclo

audiophile – Member
    Try a Bothy bag instead.

That's a great idea.

You can get more women in one of those 🙂

thomthumb
    Free Member

sew one up.

fraseruk
    Free Member

I've got an Outdoor Designs Race Raider single skin tent that is basically a two man bivi bag with a hoop – don't know if you can still get them but there must be something similar available.

I think some of the adventure race / mountain marathong tents are actually lighter and probably slightly more spacious but it is definitely waterproof as it's made of some kind of goretex. Downside is it's quite dark inside and apparently can suffer condensation problems, although I've never had problems.

fraseruk
    Free Member

>> marathong

Just noticed the typo – that should obviously have read marathon 😉 The thought of a romantic evening in a bivi bag must have triggered a freudian slip!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘2 man bivi bags’ is closed to new replies.