Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • 2 Genuine – whats it worths – NOT stealth ads!!
  • iamanobody
    Free Member

2 bikes here to sell but actually clueless to their value!
    Number one is interesting – It’s an Intense Tracer 2 with a Kashima fox shock BUT is fitted with the 650b dropouts and a 650b XFusion Vengence coil fork plus a set of DT rims on Hope Pro 2 evos. BUilt up with Shimano Zee and SLX 10 speed kit, SLX brakes, RSP Plummet seatpost that needs looking at, and some Maxxis High Rollers. Ratty paintwork as it’s been ridden in the Peaks by a mate who cares more about function than form!!

Second is a commute bike – Revolution urban race disc from Edinburgh bikes. Full new transmission (Chain/rear mech/Cassette – all 8 speed), new cables, new brake cables etc. This is disc only and “mods” are a charge spoon saddle, some on-one lock on grips, and some spesh tyres.

Not a clue of the value of each – any help appreciated before they go on gumtree/FB market place/Pink bike

smudgey
    Free Member

How I work it out roughly is as soon as you take a bike out of the shop you lose a 1/3 of its value. After a year around a half and after 2 years if you can get 1/3 your doing well.
    I don’t know for the first bike, but Id say the second one less than £100, maybe £80. It doesn’t matter that you have put new components on.

iamanobody
    Free Member

First one is the one I’m unsure about
    Second 80-100 is what I want tbh

jakehinton
    Free Member

How old is the intense?

iamanobody
    Free Member

6 years iirc

plus-one

£400-£500 for the intense

BearBack
    Free Member

2011/2012 if its got afterthought 650b dropouts. 2013 was 275 from the factory
    If its a small there’ll be more love than large/xl I’d think

damascus
    Free Member

When I’m looking at buying or selling a bike I make a list of all the components and their rough value. Then decide what the frame is worth. Then I get a figure.

Most of the time people pluck a price out of thin air based on what it cost them. As above they forget that it lost value as soon as they rode it and 6 months after they bought it, it was being sold online with 30% off.

Work out your price, then see what you can get new for that price and decide if your price has been accurate or not?

Look at ebay completed prices for a guide.

Consider splitting everything and if you don’t know the price put it at 99p start on ebay and let the market forces take over.

Good luck

Ps also try the classifieds, especially If you decide to split as a lot of us have bought frames for winter that need building up.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘2 Genuine – whats it worths – NOT stealth ads!!’ is closed to new replies.