Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • 2 days riding in the north of England. where would you go?
  • haggis1978

So the missus has planned a spa day weekend with her mates which leaves me at a loose end next weekend. Ive never journeyed south of the border biking and was thinking i might give it a try. I’m looking for a couple of 20 (ish) mile long routes in or around the Yorkshire Dales or the Lake District. Am fairly competent at riding black routes and red is not a problem. Can anyone help with some suggestion please? natural trails or trail centres not really bothered. thanks very much

jonba
    Free Member

I’d go to the lakes. There was a good looking Skiddaw (area) route in a recent STW mag. You could also try looking at Walna Scar, Borrowdale or Garburn Pass (sp?)

Mostly open paths and rocky in my experience rather than tight wooded singletrack. Plenty of trail centres if you fancy something a bit less involved one day. Whinlatter is good fun.

haggis1978

cheers i’ll look into that 😀 any more suggestions?

sambob
    Free Member

Peak District is good, and holds up well when wet. Wide fast rocky stuff generally, a bit of moorland singletrack.

miketually
    Free Member

If they’ve got rooms, http://www.dalesbikecentre.co.uk/

haggis1978
    fergal
    Free Member

Nan Bield is a goodun, but would not recommend it under snow! more low level but nice and rocky in sections is the Borrowdale bash.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘2 days riding in the north of England. where would you go?’ is closed to new replies.