Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • 2 choices
  • sc-xc

I see this all the time.

‘We have two choices…do (this thing) or (this thing)’

That’s one **** choice, with two options.

Anyway. Beer or vodka?

Onzadog
    Free Member

Glad it’s not just me.

ads678

Beer please.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    ton

beer always.

senorj

Or two hopes, Bob & none.

mattbee

When I saw the thread title I was going to come on in and be a smartarse by correcting you as I am another who hates this. Luckily I don’t have to!

lucien

Its up there with “can I get”……..don’t get me started

DezB
    Free Member

Ah, but what’s worse is when they say: You’ve only got one choice – THIS. That ISN’T A CHOICE!

hols2
    Free Member

Usually, nothing is also an option. So you have to rank the choices of: Option A vs nothing; Option B vs nothing; Option A vs Option B. That’s three choices.

Cougar

Usually, nothing is also an option.

See also, many restaurants.

“Vegetarian option available on request.”

Great, so my other option is “go hungry”?

tdog
    Free Member

Neither! TEQUILA BIATCH!

Greybeard
    Free Member

Also, “another alternative is…”. You can only have one alternative.

Sometimes I’m genuinely uncertain, when someone says “that’s not an option” – do they mean it’s compulsory or it’s impossible?

sc-xc

Usually, nothing is also an option. So you have to rank the choices of: Option A vs nothing; Option B vs nothing; Option A vs Option B. That’s three choices.

That is still one choice, with three options…

Onzadog
    Free Member

Or people who think the above is a dilemma.

sandwicheater

Beers, obs. Well, what was your choice?

hols2
    Free Member

That is still one choice, with three options…

There are three pairwise choices to make. You need to choose between Option A and nothing. And you need to choose between Option B and nothing. And you need to choose between Option A and Option B. It gets tricky when, for example, you choose Option A over nothing, Option B over Option A, but then realize that nothing is a better choice than Option B. This is why I often end up choosing nothing when I look at the desert menu. The choices are basically: chocolate cake, something mediocre but not likely to cause a fatal heart attack, and nothing. When I’m sober and rational, I end up with nothing. When I’ve had a few drinks, chocolate cake.

shermer75
    Free Member

There are three pairwise choices to make. You need to choose between Option A and nothing. And you need to choose between Option B and nothing. And you need to choose between Option A and Option B. It gets tricky when, for example, you choose Option A over nothing, Option B over Option A, but then realize that nothing is a better choice than Option B. This is why I often end up choosing nothing when I look at the desert menu. The choices are basically: chocolate cake, something mediocre but not likely to cause a fatal heart attack, and nothing. When I’m sober and rational, I end up with nothing. When I’ve had a few drinks, chocolate cake.

Commendable taste sir, that clearly is a choice choice of choice

sc-xc

^so if I spread a deck of cards out face up and say…pick a card…is that one choice or loads of choices?

CraigW
    Free Member

There is a vegetarian option…

maccruiskeen

You need to choose between Option A and nothing. And you need to choose between Option B and nothing. And you need to choose between Option A and Option B.

I’ll go for nothing thanks – but I’m not sure whether I want the first nothing or the second one. Maybe I should just go without.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘2 choices’ is closed to new replies.