Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • 2 Bolt Road shoes?
  • FOG

I always use Spds on my road bike with road shoes but the Spezialised shoes I have are about dead. Are there any other road shoes that accept 2 bolt cleats? I could buy more Spez but fancy a change. Oh and I don’t want to use an adapter, they make you feel like you are standing on a brick

scaredypants

When you say SPDs you mean mtb pedals ??

I think a pair of stiff xc race shoes is what you probably want – if I was wearing mtb cleats I’d be doing it for the easy walking, and that needs mtb soles doesn’t it ?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

think some of the shimano ones do both

Klunk
    Free Member

mmmm italian leather (you didn’t mention a budget 😉 )

these work well as road shoe (they are just the road versions with some treading)

nemesis
    Free Member

Bont mtb shoes are identical to the road ones apart from the two bolt fitting and tread on the soles.

I have several sets of bonts and use the mtb ones on my cx bike and there is no difference in performance compared to the road ones.

And they’re all heat mouldable. Fantastic shoes

prawny

I hate them, just go for SPD SLs or MTB shoes

I used to use SLs on my commuter until I nearly got into a scuffle and thought having a bit of grip would be useful day to day.

scotroutes

Something like a Shimano RT82?

R = Road

T = Tour

Anything in the Shimano RT range might suit you

scaredypants

funnily enough, I’d like a 3-bolt SPD-sl capable MTB shoe.  Stiff too, though – I get really sore feet in soft-soled shoes

mikewsmith
    Free Member

eh what?

You can get stiff as shoes for mtb there not sure why you would want 3 bolt SL cleats off road.

scotroutes

Scaredypants – Try using CB Candy pedals. That small platform helps spread the load and avoid hotspots on the sole.

scaredypants

You can get stiff as shoes for mtb there not sure why you would want 3 bolt SL cleats off road

Not sure why I’d want cleats at all, off-road 😉

Scotroutes, need 3-bolt for my (look away, haters!) powermeter pedals

cookeaa

DHB “Dorica” appears to have slots for SPD cleats, looks like a bit of a Giro Emipre knock off:

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/dhb-dorica-road-shoe/

Sensible price, I’ve had good wear out of DHB shoes, and the width seems to suit broader feet..

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Not sure why I’d want cleats at all, off-road

Oh sorry is it a religious thing?

onandon
    Free Member

I use MTB pedals on most on/ off road bikes I have in my collection.

shoes are usually northwave or giro.

most will have a stiffness rating = higher the number the stiffer the shoe.

my carbon sole xc disco slippers are no different to my previous road shoes in terms of fit or     Stiffness.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

I’d imagine MTB shoes would be a bit heavier if that was important.

anagallis_arvensis

Mrs anagallis got some new road shoes from decathlon today. Had 2and 3 bolt fixings.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Bont mtb shoes are identical to the road ones apart from the two bolt fitting and tread on the soles.

See also Specialized S-WORKS.

avdave2

Something like a Shimano RT82?

I’ve been using those for a couple of years and would buy the same again. Unsurprisingly as they are touring shoes they are good for long rides, I’ve done 120 miles and my feet felt as good at the end as the beginning.

johnnystorm

I have a pair of the RT5. Very comfy (wore them for London-Endinburgh-London) and a rubber grippy sole instead of a shiny plastic one. The cleats are recessed enough to allow normal walking.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘2 Bolt Road shoes?’ is closed to new replies.