Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • 2 blis will i die?
  • larrythelathe
    Free Member

So I had trouble getting a captain control 2 Blis to seat so went into my local bike shop.

They used the compressor and got it in the end ( it was a bit baggy) it’s a tubeless rim with stans.

Know the bike shop said they would be careful riding it as it might roll of the bead.

If anyone knows me being careful it’s not some I shine at, should I worried? Any one rolled a 2 Bliss captain?
    Anyone running one no worries.

Not a witch hunt on the shop they help me out a fair bit.

orangeboy
    Free Member

Use and sell lots of 2-bliss tyres and Normaly just use a track pump.
    Did have one captain sworks last week that jut would not inflate so just sent it back

But far less issues with Spesh tyres than nobby nics or rons

larrythelathe
    Free Member

Ye the front went up with track pump its a purgatory though

I like speci tyres as well

glupton1976
    Free Member

Just make sure you dont drop the pressure too much and you’ll be fine. I dropped the pressure too much and ended up with three broken ribs.

Dales_rider
    Free Member

6 spesh tyres in use for my bikes no problems, seat one side first by puttin a tube in and then taking out, other side pops across no problems.

larrythelathe
    Free Member

Glupton that makes me feel much better what’s too low?

glupton1976
    Free Member

Probably around 22psi. The tyre was pretty soft. I was just being lazy not pumping it up – I was just going from the top car park at GT to the bottom whilst the wife drove down the fire road after going round the green route with the kids. Tyre rolled off the rim as I was turning after coming off the bridge before the bit where the fire road crosses.

smcicr
    Free Member

Yep – another Purg 2bliss user here – f+r. They are a bit loose getting them on (Flows) but have gone up each time with a track pump. I’ve found trying to give the bead a bit of a push to the edges helps.

Other than that they’ve been great – run at about 30psi currently. First set of tubeless so trying different pressures out to see what works.

They do seem to lose air a bit but as above – first set of tubeless so not sure if that’s to be expected?

carlphillips
    Free Member

had no problems in a few years of using spesh captains, decent tyre ime

PJM1974
    Free Member

Captains and Storms here. The only thing that’s ever killed one is putting 80psi into a tyre (tubeless) and the bead is slightly warped. Still works fine though.

jairaj

been using some sworks captains on shimano ust rims. they normally inflate fine without issues and have never rolled off the rim or burped.

I find the sidewalls are a bit thin and I don’t like the feeling of the tyre squirming so tend to run slightly high pressures.

inkster
    Free Member

Had problems mounting a captain 2bliss on mavic ust, impossible till I put a strip of electrical tape on the inside of the rim to increase the diameter went up instantly and popped onto bead lock with a reassuring ‘pop’. doesn’t hold air that well though. it’s on the rear so I’ll run with it for a bit and not run it below 32 psi, though will probably change it soon.

Front is a purgatory and that went up 1st time and holds air.

captain was an older version, [different graphics to the purg]. unused though, so not a stretched bead.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘2 blis will i die?’ is closed to new replies.