Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • 2 Bay NAS Raid Drive
  • eskay

Anyone know of any good value 2 bay RAID NAS storage devices? Budget £100-£150 if possible.

danielgroves
    Free Member

First up, wrong forum. This should be in general chat 🙂

I have a NetGear ReadyNAS with as been flawless. Running it in RAID1 for data redundancy, and it works like a charm. Got a couple of 3TB drive in it. Running through a gigabit switch with Cat6 ethernet cables it’s easily fast enough to stream BluRay films straight off it. Expandable with USB3 external storage to.

I’m actually pleased enough with it that I’m thinking about selling it for the four-bay version so I can stick an extra set of drives in and move to RAID 5/6. Will have to wait a while yet though.

bristolbiker
    Free Member

Synology 212j is just about in budget – pleased by mine. Easier to set up and manage than I expected, which was a bonus 😉

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    z1ppy

I’ve an older Netgear Ready NAS, and though it does what I want, it is not without its gremlins & problems. Hopefully the newer version should be better now

vinnyeh

Synology DS212j here as well. A big improvement (access speed, software, support, configurabilty) over the wd that I had previously.
    Costs a fair bit more than you budget if you need to buy drives for it though. 2x WD 2tb Reds cost another £180, though they’re pretty much at the premium end.

danielgroves
    Free Member

I’ve an older Netgear Ready NAS, and though it does what I want, it is not without its gremlins & problems. Hopefully the newer version should be better now

I’m curious, what issues have you had with yours? Is it the v1 or v2?

carloz
    Free Member

+1 for Synology

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘2 Bay NAS Raid Drive’ is closed to new replies.