Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • 2.6 tyre in non boost fork
  • widge34
    Free Member

Will a 2.6” tyre fit in a non boost fork?

bungalistic
    Free Member

Which fork? Older Pikes probably not, Fox 34’s maybe.

joebristol

Probably depends on the fork and also the brand of tyre. I’ve got a 2.5” wt Minion DHF through a non-boost 650b YRi / Lyrik. Not a huge amount of room to go bigger though. Also got a non boost 2017 Pike but I’ve not tried that with the same tyre but it might be tighter still.

widge34
    Free Member

It’s a 2017 pike 29er. The tyre is a Kenda hellcat

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

I had a 2.6 Butcher in a 2016 non boost Pike no problem (160mm 650b)

transition1
    Free Member

2.6 MM fits in my non boost Ohlins RXF34s also Hans Dampf 2.6 fits

widge34
    Free Member

Thanks. Suppose it depends how accurate a measurement the tyre is.

bear-uk
    Free Member

I have a 2.6 Hillbilly in my Pikes with no problem. Possibly because it only measures 2.4 on my 27mm rim.

trisysjoint

I have a 2.8 nobby nic on stans ztr flow (new style) 650b rims in a 650b non boost fox 34 and a mudhugger fr ….. all fits fine. Only rubs the guard slightly when the tyre has doubles in size due to mud.

nickfrog
    Free Member

2.8 Nobby Nic on non-Boost Yari. Very tight no space for mud guard but OK unless very muddy. A boost fork may not necessarily help in terms of clearance at the top of the tyre.

widge34
    Free Member

Well I’ve taken a punt and ordered tyre. 😱😱

colournoise

2.75 Dirt Wizard in a non boost Sweep. Plenty of clearance without a fender fitted, not so much with…

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

Remember to let the air out of the fork and check the tyre clears the crown of the fork at full compression, otherwise you’ll be taking a trip over the bars when you bottom the fork out.

Northwind

I guess the question is, how big is the 2.6 tyre? Kenda tend to be pretty accurate so it might actually be bigger than a 2.4 unlike much of the competition.

widge34
    Free Member

Well the tyre arrived today, and I’m pleased to say it fits, even with a RRP mudguard fitted. Tyre is also true to size.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘2.6 tyre in non boost fork’ is closed to new replies.