Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • 2.35 or 2.6 Magic Mary For Front?
  • skybluestu
    Free Member

I can’t decide if I should go for a 2.6 or not. I used to have a 2.5 high roller for dh stuff and loved the feel but I want something that would be just as good trail/bike park stuff as well. It would be on a swoop 170 with yari fork 27.5.
    Anyone with experience of both?

chiefgrooveguru

A 2.35 Magic Mary is bigger than an old 2.5 High Roller and a similar size to a modern Maxxis WT 2.5 – it’s a great tyre and a lot of tyre. I think you’d need a very wide rim to get enough support on the 2.6 version and reviews I’ve read suggest it isn’t as versatile as the smaller one.

chakaping
    Free Member

Yeah I just started using a 2.6 and it’s awesome. Good on Lakes rocks and loamy/sloppy natural trails.

skybluestu
    Free Member

Is the 2.6 a bit tight in the fork clearance? Looks pretty big in there!

timbog160

Im running a 2.6 MM on 30mm internal width rims and it is an awesome tyre – highly recommended…

chakaping
    Free Member

No it’s not nearly as tight as it looks in that pic.

Fork is a boost lyrik.

russyh
    Free Member

In my view the 2.6 MM is a fantastic tyre, in fact I would go as far as to say the best front tyre for U.K. riding!  The 2.35 was good but the 2.6, is better still

wideboy
    Free Member

What are you guys running in the rear?

Been looking at a wider front and considering the MM 2.6 for my new 29er, but thinking I might keep the 2.3 Butcher on the back…

Cheers

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

2.3 slaughter grid on the rear, I like it, others don’t. Fairly robust though, and has lasted way longer then the 2 EXO minions predecessors.

oikeith

I’m currently running the 2.35 Mary in Soft compound, when its get more gunky that 2.6 looks like a good option, spacing looks fairly wide to clear mud?

Am I right in saying they dont do an ultra soft 29 Magic Mary? only 27.5 in super gravity casing or DH?

juan
    Free Member

2.35 Magic Mary is bigger than a 2.5 HRII Just make sure you put it the wrong way round, unless you’re Flo, Nico or Daï

souster4
    Free Member

Also interested in this. Has anyone got any actual real life width measurements of the magic mary 2.6 on a 30mm rim?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘2.35 or 2.6 Magic Mary For Front?’ is closed to new replies.